Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

XBox 360 problems

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2006, 09:29 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy XBox 360 problems

I've not really played proper games on my 360 for a while now (I play that arcade shoot 'em jobby once in a while) and I cranked up Ghost Recon today. Seems like a nice game, but I was noticing subtle audio glitches every 3-4 seconds as well as a slight slow down in performance. Nothing major but say I set the camera spinning slowly around the soldier, I could feel the rotation kind of pulsing every 3-4 seconds as regular as clockwork as the thing slowed down. I have played with all the video Hz stuff, tried 50+60 etc but it still does it.

I thought it might be something to do with the game, so I fired up the video demo of pray and it was doing the same thing The box is very well ventilated (glass shelf on metal shelving with nothing above). The power supply is the same and the whole unit isnt even lukewarm and its showing these problems.

Has anyone ever heard of this with early model xbox 360's ? If not, any ideas?

Jules
Old 25 August 2006, 01:27 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

You must be one of the last people to still have an early 360!

Ring MS support, they'll probably tell you allsorts of stuff like try playing the game without the HDD attached and see if it still does it, otherwise, they'll tell you to package it up for them to collect - their collection and return service is probably the most impressive thing about the support system.

PS - never had the problem you describe, but I do get the occasional slow-down, which suprises me if the devs are pushing this thing so far this early on...
Old 25 August 2006, 02:09 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah
PS - never had the problem you describe, but I do get the occasional slow-down, which suprises me if the devs are pushing this thing so far this early on...
I had that with my first 360. My current one (my third) runs stuff much smoother than the first, (my 2nd on didn't last long enough for me to test).

I don't think the devs are pushing the machine yet. It sounds to me more like bad / rushed programming...
Old 25 August 2006, 02:12 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I've suffered slow-down on GRAW. Especially if there's loads of smoke on screen.