Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HELP needed re Tom Tom Mobile install!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2005, 03:47 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP needed re Tom Tom Mobile install!!!

After reading several posts on the site, I went and bought a 1gb memory stick duo pro for my Sony Ericksson P910i, a bluetooth GPS receiver and a "copy" disk of Tom Tom Mobile.
Despite following the instructions from the seller (e bay) of the disk, my phone does NOT see the programme ( although it is definitely on the chip).
The instructions forced me to copy the disk to the chip via an installed card reader ( therefore not using phone/PC synchronisation.
The chip works fine as I have just copied 100meg of photos to it (and see them )!!
I have sent an e mail to the e bay seller with my questions, but to speed things up, have any of you had the same issue???
What is the problem?
Old 04 November 2005, 03:56 PM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

Got the same setup as you and all works fine. Did you buy the Tom Tom software particularly designed for the P910i? All I did was copy the file to my card (I think its called MSCIC?) and the phone then had it on my list of programs. Also make sure the applications screen says "All" in the dropdown menu in the corner.
Old 04 November 2005, 04:07 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveMiddleton
After reading several posts on the site, I went and bought a 1gb memory stick duo pro for my Sony Ericksson P910i, a bluetooth GPS receiver and a "copy" disk of Tom Tom Mobile.
Despite following the instructions from the seller (e bay) of the disk, my phone does NOT see the programme ( although it is definitely on the chip).
The instructions forced me to copy the disk to the chip via an installed card reader ( therefore not using phone/PC synchronisation.
The chip works fine as I have just copied 100meg of photos to it (and see them )!!
I have sent an e mail to the e bay seller with my questions, but to speed things up, have any of you had the same issue???
What is the problem?
make sure you have the tom tom file under P-series/system/apps (TTMOBILE)

the others sit in the root directory.
Old 04 November 2005, 06:11 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

I can only see "P Series". It only further expands to Media Files.
I cannot see any path such as system\apps. ????