Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Mapping network drives for all users to NAS

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2005, 03:59 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Location: AKA *Smiles* Laindon, Essex. MY04 Psuedo-STI Wagon http://swrt.verio.co.uk www.remanissradio.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mapping network drives for all users to NAS

Hope someone can shine a bit of light on this.

(Scenario - stanadalone (Not domain) Windows Server 2003 SP1 & NAS device using CIFS)

I'm Mapping a drive the regular way so it appears in my computer and appears with a net use command with no problems, however... when another user logs on they cant see the mapped drive that has been mapped to the NAS with the net use command .. log back on as me and net use again and it appears in list.

So the mission is how to map the drive once so all users can see it using net use when they logon.

Cheeers fir any guidance
Old 17 October 2005, 04:37 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

net use is stored for each users session. Normally you run it in a domain login script, but in your case you'd need to run the command for each user somehow.

You could specify a local login script on the local user account, but again that would have to be done on individual PC's.
Old 17 October 2005, 09:50 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Location: AKA *Smiles* Laindon, Essex. MY04 Psuedo-STI Wagon http://swrt.verio.co.uk www.remanissradio.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzy
net use is stored for each users session. Normally you run it in a domain login script, but in your case you'd need to run the command for each user somehow.

You could specify a local login script on the local user account, but again that would have to be done on individual PC's.
Cheers Ozzy, written a map network drive vbscript for logon... this seems the simplest hack to achieve desired result