Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

putting pictures up on the web

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2005, 10:36 AM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question putting pictures up on the web

Hi all,

I have some pictures I would like to put up on the web that are on a power point presentation, they look fine and are the right proportion on there. I have tried to upload them to photobucket but when I get them on they go kind of elongated and I don't have a clue what is going wrong!! I am rubbish with photoshop and don't have any webspace to host them on.

Can someone offer any help please as I have been dying to get these up since Tuesday
Old 01 April 2005, 10:55 AM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
Hi all,

I have some pictures I would like to put up on the web that are on a power point presentation, they look fine and are the right proportion on there. I have tried to upload them to photobucket but when I get them on they go kind of elongated and I don't have a clue what is going wrong!! I am rubbish with photoshop and don't have any webspace to host them on.

Can someone offer any help please as I have been dying to get these up since Tuesday
You need to save the images as jpegs, I am not sure about taking images from Powerpoint, but I would try the following and see which works best. By saying you're rubbish with photoshop I am guessing you have it?

Try selecting the image in PP and then copying it (control and c) then open up Photoshop, file>new and the paste it in (control and v) see if that works, alternatively, take a screen grab of it. Go back to PP press alt and print screen button (just on the right of the F keys) and go to photoshop and create a new document. This time however, it will be the whole screen from Powerpoint which is pasted. So you need to select the tool on the top right palette in photoshop, the square with dotted lines, drag and draw a square around the image, then select image>crop and then file>save as and select jpeg from the drop down menu.

Bobs your uncle! Then it should upload to photobucket ok!

Mines a Stella!
Old 01 April 2005, 08:54 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Thanking you