Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Exporting addresses to Outlook- help please!

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2005, 11:04 AM
Bexlee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exporting addresses to Outlook- help please!

Hi

Having just had my PC overhauled, which included going from Windows 98SE to XP Pro, I am just trying to restore what I can to a familiar format.

I am trying to export my address book from BT Yahoo to Outlook. I have followed the step by step instructions on BT Yahoo and now have the addresses saved as a Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File ready to import onto Outlook. However, when I try I get a message saying I don't have the required translator. When I follow the option to load the translator, I get the message:

'The feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI' in the box below.'

Another message said: 'Error 1706', and suggested I followed the path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\1033\SETUP.HLP
I followed this, but the SETUP.HLP was not there.

I am just quoting messages & don't know what any of them mean- I just try to follow the instructions.

Help would be much appreciated!

Bexlee
Old 20 March 2005, 10:22 AM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bexlee
Hi

Having just had my PC overhauled, which included going from Windows 98SE to XP Pro, I am just trying to restore what I can to a familiar format.

I am trying to export my address book from BT Yahoo to Outlook. I have followed the step by step instructions on BT Yahoo and now have the addresses saved as a Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File ready to import onto Outlook. However, when I try I get a message saying I don't have the required translator. When I follow the option to load the translator, I get the message:

'The feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI' in the box below.'

Another message said: 'Error 1706', and suggested I followed the path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\1033\SETUP.HLP
I followed this, but the SETUP.HLP was not there.

I am just quoting messages & don't know what any of them mean- I just try to follow the instructions.

Help would be much appreciated!

Bexlee
Grab your Office disk and pop it in the CD drive when this message comes up....