Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone having problems with SMS/MMS on o2?

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2004, 09:22 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone having problems with SMS/MMS on o2?

Over the last week or so incoming texts and picture messages have been taking ages (up to 3 days at worst!) arriving. Tonight sending seems to be hit and miss, one message will send OK, the next will fail with a "Sending Failed, User Barred" or "Sending Failed - No Network" message (can't be barred, otherwise all messages would fail?) WAP (GPRS) and voice calls (remember them?? ) are working fine.

Logical answer is a service failure, but I can't fine any info about service outages anywhere on o2 site, and googling for the status messages shows some fairly old hits suggesting message settings are incorrect and/or no provisioning on ther network - neither is relevant as I can send and receive SOME messages and nothing has changed on the handset recently.

I'm on o2 Online Talkalot tariff (the one with 300 free texts per month).

One other very peculiar thing over the past two days which is probably related - after each SMS sends, the remaining balance is displayed on the handset. Thing is, for the last two days I've noticed that on a few occasions the credit balance has actually gone UP by between 10p and 60p!!
Old 20 October 2004, 11:30 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

I'm with O2 online, and have been sending & receiving SMS without problems.

John.
Old 20 October 2004, 11:44 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

Thanks John. Not the answer I really wanted to hear though

I've tried shifting the SIM card from my SE K700i to Nokia 6230 and it sent OK on both SMS and MMS. Back in the SE, don't work again. I've even tried resending the configurator info but it's still hit and miss on when it will/will not send.

Going to try a different SIM in the K700 to see what happens, although that won't be conclusive as the only other live SIM I have is on Orange.
Old 21 October 2004, 12:08 AM
Figment
Scooby Regular

Orange SIM works OK in both fones.
O2 SIM works OK in 6230 but plays up in K700.

Will try sending settings yet again tomorrow, failing that an expensive call to O2 , for them to give me some drivel about the K700 not being supported on O2 online I suppose (which doesn't seen logical as it's been working OK until recently)
Old 21 October 2004, 11:31 AM
cong
Scooby Regular

my friend sent me a mms on his k700 on O2and i seem to have recieved it about 20 times its friggin annoying
Old 21 October 2004, 03:24 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I've had problems with MMS ever since I had my T610. My last phone wored fine. But this one has NEVER worked, despite O2's best attempts to get it working.

I gave up in the end, and I'll be sorting it next month when I get my new phone.

Rubbish phone!

Dan