Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Bone email problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 12:43 AM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bone email problem!!!

I have just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled eveything. Almost got it all working. There is one problem I cant send or recieve emails. I just get this message

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

I have done this before and I know there is a simple solution, but can't remember how to set up the accounts manually? For this reason I cant email my ISP, for help.

could someone please remind me!!!!

Cheers Adam
Old 03 September 2004, 08:10 AM
mark_h
Scooby Regular

For Wanadoo, the email servers are pop.wanadoo.co.uk (incoming) and smtp.wanadoo.co.uk (outgoing), which is what you seem to be using. Error 10060 is 'network timeout', so Outlook can't connect to the server.

Silly question - are you connected to Wanadoo when you try this? Or are you relying on Outlook to kick off the dialup for you? If you're connected, can you view http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/ ?

The Wanadoo Outlook Express setup guide is here: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/email/...oksettings.htm
Old 03 September 2004, 11:26 PM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

Mark cheers for the help. I got it sorted in the end still not sure how just started working.

cheers Adam