Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

A convert from ME to XP Pro ;-)

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2004, 11:19 AM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question A convert from ME to XP Pro ;-)

OK all you computer gurus who told me XP was much more stable and reliable than ME... - you were right!

BUT - there are loads of things I cant get XP (Pro) to do that were simple in ME.

In ME you could set up users to have individal desktops/favourites/start menus etc etc... I know the commands must be here but I can't find them!

Wallpaper OK, but even screen resolution if you change in one user login it goes across all . I deleted some icons from start menu in littluns login and now they've gone from everybodys... I put telletubbies on his desktop but it won't run without administrator privileges... even power user status wont do it. and the *** of having to log in to run a kids programme! why cant it just run for goodness sake!

HELP!

Mick
Old 01 June 2004, 05:01 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Software developed before XP does not always execute under a limited account unfortunately. The benefits of XP certainly outweigh the crap of ME