Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HP Pavillion Battery Running Problems?????

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2004, 05:23 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HP Pavillion Battery Running Problems?????

Ok computer guys, can anybody here help me out??? I've got a HP Pavillion zt1121s Laptop (so it says on it anyway ) here's the problem.
I can't seem to get it to run on battery power?? it used to be no problem at all, I even had it working this morning, I ran the battery flat and then re-charged it, pulled out the power lead after the charging light went to green pressed power on and away it went, great I thought fixed it. So I shut it back down and went out to watch the local footy team. Came back in tried to turn it on nowt pulled the battery out gave it a couple of mins battery back in still nowt plugged the AC adapter in and away it went. Pulled the AC out and the whole thing shutdown on me again (thinking it should have went to battery power).
I've checked all the power setting e.g. set to laptop/portable and still it stays the same, is there something I'm doing wrong ?? is there some way I can rectify this?? as I can't really see the point of having a laptop and it not working without the power up it's @r5e, I really need to get this sorted as I have plans for wireless shortly and fancy being able to just walk into the garden on a nice day and surf SN from there

Thanks
John.
Old 07 March 2004, 10:37 AM
Mark Piesse
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How old is the laptop and battery? Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the battery and the corresponding ones in the laptop to see if that helps? Other than that sounds as if could be a physical problem with the charging circuit in the laptop or the battery is on its way out. I have an older Pavilion model, and battery just suddenly went from being able to power laptop for 1 hr 20 mins to barely 20 mins or just about booting the laptop. (no power saving options set) Got a new battery fm states as worked out much cheaper than anywhere over here.

Mark