Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

anyone help- b/band problems ??

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 09:49 AM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone help- b/band problems ??

Looking for a bit off advice- story is this :

ordered tiscalli broadband a few weeks ago via there telephone ordering service, after a whole catalogue off problems with there customer service dept, etc within the first few days, I cancelled the contract, now anyone who has been with tiscali and has had the pleasure off trying to contact any off there support lines will tell you it is almost impossible to get thru ( another reason for the termination off this contract ) !! so I e-mailed them to advise off this cancellation, also left a message with there main order hot line to which I was bluntly told by the sales chap that I could not speak to a supervisor regarding this matter as " we dont have supervisors " !!! was then told that the boss will probably just put the phone down on you so bye, and he hung up !!!

result -straight to my bank to cancel any d/debt payments that may come out !!

so a week later receives my modem from them !! e-maile them back to tell them that if they want it back to send me a jiffy bag / return postage, still nothing , no e-mail / no jiffy bag !!!!!

so okay says I , thats the end off them then !!

went to order pipex b/band after reading some good user reviews off there service, everything fine until I go to enter my tel number to be used with there b/band service, problem in that there appears to be a b/b service already installed on this line !!!! obviously tiscali are efficent enough to contact bt to get this done alright !! phones pipex this morning, turns out theres nothing that they can do until tiscali decide to remove it !!!

ahgh- ahgh- ahgh- ahgh- ahgh- ahgh -ahgh- ahgh -ahgh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now as already explained its almost impossible to get thru to tiscali by telephone, how the heck to I get this b/band line disabled by them ready for my new connection with pipex ???

please someone help ??!!!!!
Old 17 February 2004, 10:02 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Try this number 0870 7450700. I got it from the yellow pages. Failing that try this one 0870 7476510.

Darren
Old 17 February 2004, 12:24 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Any clues as to who I will be speaking to on this particular number ??!!!!!
Old 17 February 2004, 01:17 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Not a clue

I just got the telephone number from Yellow Pages. I'm assuming its their head office.

If you ask me I would always rather pay more and be able to speak to a person.

If I remember correctly, www.dabs.com went from a telephone based customer service desk to an e-mail based customer Service and they received a huge amount of complaints as it is impossible explain everythign in an e-mail.

Darren
Old 17 February 2004, 01:56 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that mate will at least give it a try, at least I managed to get out off there contract !! in all honesty mate I have never dealt with a company with such a bad customer service dept as this tiscali lot.unfortunately its a thing thats becomming more and more common within the uk !! but can honestly say that the few times I have been in touch with pipex b/b there customer attitude is 100% better , best off all its a human being your talking too at the other end !! as opposed to just an automated answering service telling you "were sorry were busy try again later" !!!!

thanks again mate,
john..
Old 17 February 2004, 09:41 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

But the trouble is everyone wants the Excellent customer service *and* the lowest price. Only very rarely can these be combined unfortunately

Deano
Old 17 February 2004, 11:02 PM
PPPscooby
Scooby Regular

Pipex have also had there fair share of customer care problems in the past. Do your homework on http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp

Last edited by PPPscooby; 17 February 2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 17 February 2004, 11:03 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

i had a similar problem when i moved premises and cancelled bt b/band on the number i was takin with me. i ordered demon adsl and they said there was a problem with the line and i had to sort the problem with bt before i could continue with the order. took me ages to get through to someone with a brain, anyhow weeks later i finally found out that bt had put in another adsl order on the line when i cancelled to move. took them ages to admit it though. You need to speak to bt and get them to check the line and clear any orders/services on your line.
Old 17 February 2004, 11:05 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

also. DEMON internet are top notch on service, so far anyhow