Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Tiscali Broadband

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2003, 06:04 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I appreciate that there are real issues with Scoobynet e-mail and Tiscali but they are currently offering 3x broadband for the same cost as my aol account. I know that it is slow for broadband but I am more interested in the capability of keeping a phone line available at the same time as being on the internet.

Has anyone else taken the plunge?

Thanks in advance

CLSII
Old 27 October 2003, 06:10 PM
Da Booga
Scooby Regular

I've been with Tiscali Broadband for several months now, despite all of the things i've read about their service i've never had a single problem.

In the time i've had it there has only been one time i've not been able to connect, not bad considering i'm on it all day and evening due to my job!
Old 27 October 2003, 06:48 PM
3times
Scooby Regular

Been with Tiscali nearly a year with no problems.

Mind you may switch to Pipex or Plusnet when 12 months is up (purely on cost).
Old 27 October 2003, 07:13 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Err don't get me started with them !

Swapped my BT line to World On Line to get free evening and weekend 56k access. So far so good. They get taken over by Tiscali, and then the free dial up thing stops - ok, not their fault.

Get broadband at work, so have to have it at home, so I like a prat go with Tascali. Downtime is well unacceptable, but they don't seem to care.

In late November 2001, after having it for 6 months, it packed up completely. I must have made 20 calls to no avail. In the end I broke the contract with them by cancelling the DD, swapped the phone back to BT and got broadband with them. I was without it for over 6 weeks, due to their total lack of customer care. Paid for Nov and Dec, with no service at all.

Since then I have not looked back, only down twice as I remember, and apart from dropping the connection on occasion no problems. (That may be due to my Norton 2002 Firewall I am told)

I feel an extract from that NTL complaint letter coming on

David

Also posted here http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=258097
Old 27 October 2003, 08:50 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Question

Mmmmm...Are there any other ISP's offering Broadband at a reasonable price?

I'm with AOL at the moment on a normal connection. Apart from their rubish e-mail system I'm very impressed but I can't really justify £28 a month at the moment.

Tiscali don't seem to inspire too much confidence!