Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Is My Nero Knackered??

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2003, 01:18 PM
stubarru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I recently re-installed my operating system and have put everything back on that should be there, but with my ahead Nero it tells me there is an installation error and then carries on loading. Once that has finished everything opens up OK but when I try and burn CD's it gets stuck on 4% complete. I have re-installed it a couple of times and still get the same result. The other thing that it strange is that it will not let me put in the password anywhere and goes straight to the opening page.

Anyone got any ideas why???

Cheers
Old 16 March 2003, 03:25 PM
Mark Piesse
Scooby Regular

It could have installed itself as the demo version. I know on version 5 you can enter the serial number by selecting help and then enter new serial number. I think this was the same for version 4.

As for not getting past 4% it could be a problem with the media, as I have had something similar where it wouldn't burn more than 15%. The drive just couldn't get on with certain makes of disc, some would pass the simulation and fail at the burn, other wouldn't pass the simulation phase.

Also when reinstalling the Nero software did you patch it to the version you had it at before, as sometimes the drivers within it can be a bit flaky, hence the monthly or so updates on the site.

I'm running 5.5.10.7, current version on Nero website is 5.5.10.15a

Mark
UK300
Old 16 March 2003, 03:28 PM
stubarru
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks Mark

I'll try your suggestions out

Stuart