Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

really confoozled......?????

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2002, 09:00 PM
BillyWhizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I recently upgraded(?) to win2000pro and for the first night or 2 had no probs with it at all when connecting to the net from SA's pooter. but now, no matter what I try to do I can't get on the net from her pooter at all

she still got win98se, but I know it should work. They both on the same subnet and detecting IP addresses automatically. I not got mine set up as a proxy or DNS or DHCP or nuffink

I've got the dial-up set to use ICS so that should be ok too.

so, in a true muppet stylie.....HHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPP!!!!!
Old 22 October 2002, 09:57 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Can you give us more information? Is your machine connecting via hers? Or vice versa? Which has the ICS installed? Or do you have a broadband router?

If you are running ICS then both machines should be running DHCP.
Old 23 October 2002, 04:37 AM
IanW
Scooby Regular

The Windows 2000 machine is acting as the ICS server so this will be running as a DHCP server and also the default gateway on the LAN. The Windows 98 machine should be configured to get its IP address via DHCP.

Have the 2 PC's still got TCP/IP connectivity between them?

If the Windows 2000 machine is not dialled up to the net can a connection from the Windows 98 PC initiate the Windows 2000 PC to dial up to the web?

When connected try doing some traces from the Windows 98 PC and see where they go to.