Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

2 small but annoying Windows XP Pro problems

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2002, 10:34 AM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever since I installed Windows XP Pro I have had problems with my system clock. Basically after running for a while (say a day) the clock seems to slow down and needs updating to reflect the correct time. I have a feeling that the CMOS battery is on its way out.

Also when I type something in the run box or the address bar it gets wiped when I shut down my computer. Is there a way to correct this?

We have loads of XP Pro machines at my work using roaming profiles and we never have either of these problems.

Thanks
Darren
Old 09 September 2002, 12:41 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

I had the clock slowing problem when I first got this machine with XP Pro, but it is now running OK. I haven't xhanged anything myself, so can only assume one of the trillion or so updates contained a fix.

Not sure if XP Pro has a setting to keep the history in Run box, but TweakUI definitely does. Download it from here
Old 09 September 2002, 01:43 PM
ids
Scooby Regular

Remember you can use the 'Internet time' feature in winXP to auto-sync with internet time servers anyway.

Right click clock in Taskbar, choose Time/Date and click on 'internet time' tab - follow prompts after then

ids