Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Scoobynet Virus???

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2002, 08:09 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am running Norton AV with all the regular updates. The other day whilst looking at a thread on Scoobynet I got a virus warning.

Apparently MSVXD.exe, MSVXD16.dll and MSVXD32.dll are all virus files that form part of a Network virus - as far as I can tell it gets into your win.ini file, loads up the .exe, starts the 16.dll that looks for network stuff then calls 32.dll which propogates the virus.

The webpage said it was "rare" but almost everytime now I log on and start reading forums it re-appears! I have removed it from my .ini file, searched the registry for any mention and deleted the files. Now when it appears again I delete it as its coming in.

Has anyone else had this, and is it just coincidence that I happen to be on Scoobynet when it happens? I don't have a static IP, it changes everytime I log on.

Any ideas if its just me, or COULD it be Scoobynet? Ive posted this in general as well, just in case

Buzz