Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Wireless HDMI (Hikvision)

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2017, 06:08 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Wireless HDMI (Hikvision)

My Hikvision NVR has an HDMI output and is located in the attic. My main TV is downstairs (2 storey house) and I guess about 45 ft away. Attic is insulated, any walls in the way are stud partition and floor is carpet/wood/plasterboard.

What I want to do is to get a wireless transmitter to transmit HDMI to a receiver by the TV, which I can then use a spare HDMI port to flip between TV to NVR/Camera when the mood/need takes me.

Anyone have any experience of this and can provide any recommendations?

Just thinking about it, I can probably use a normal HDMI cable to extend the NVR in the attic to directly over the TV & thus shorten the distance, so it would only have 1x ceiling and 1x floor/ceiling to pass through.

Running an HDMI or any other cable is not an option I'm afraid.
Old 04 January 2017, 08:12 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

cant you connect it to a wifi router and that way you can just connect from a smartfone or tablet/pc to view the camera.
Old 04 January 2017, 10:27 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

I can already view it on the iVMS app "if" I have my phone/tablet to hand. However, I want to be able to just flip the remote on my tv to get an immediate view of all the cams.

There's an audible warning on the drive when a line is crossed, so its to see who/what has crossed it.
Old 05 January 2017, 12:43 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

its quite expensive to get the kit to do it. heres one i found for 120 quid only 20 meter range tho http://www.cherrywood-av.co.uk/visio...FYccGwodo5sLGg
Old 05 January 2017, 01:56 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

As above. Wireless HDMI or 1080P transmitters are still very pricey. Too bad you can't at least run some CAT5/6 to the right spot, as that would drop your outlay to the £40 mark for a converter/transmitter.
Old 09 January 2017, 03:22 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Let me know how you get on, i have 4 Hikvision units and I'm same, be nice to be able to view it on TV, but mines old and not connected to net....

ive thought about just terminating the Cams into a POE switch then running a single cable to NVR next to main TV, but i kinda wanna keep NVR hidden
Old 10 January 2017, 03:11 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Littleted
Let me know how you get on, i have 4 Hikvision units and I'm same, be nice to be able to view it on TV, but mines old and not connected to net....

ive thought about just terminating the Cams into a POE switch then running a single cable to NVR next to main TV, but i kinda wanna keep NVR hidden

You can get quite long (30ft) HDMI cables? Also HDMI over Cat5. I'm trying to avoid cabling...