Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Easy Insect Removal

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2011, 01:10 PM
GB270Gaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Insect Removal

You all know what it is like, you spend hours cleaning your pride and joy and take it for a spin as the sun is shinning only to find out on your return that your car now looks like a huge bug swatter.

I have just tried Pampers Baby Wipes on the bug stains and they come of like a hot knife through butter, even the dried on corpses which take a little bit more rubbing come of easily.

Once all the bugs were gone i did hose the area thoroughly just incase it was the wrong thing to use and the water came off in sheets.

I do not know if it is improper to use them on vehicle paintwork as know most household cleaning products are too harsh to use, but as they are mean't for babies they cannot be harmful surely, i have tried them on my car and the bugs came off super easy, but only use them on your own car at your own discretion.

Warning - DO NOT use baby wipes on any type of leather http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/leathercare.html.

Gaz

Last edited by GB270Gaz; 01 May 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05 May 2011, 08:07 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GB270Gaz
You all know what it is like, you spend hours cleaning your pride and joy and take it for a spin as the sun is shinning only to find out on your return that your car now looks like a huge bug swatter.

I have just tried Pampers Baby Wipes on the bug stains and they come of like a hot knife through butter, even the dried on corpses which take a little bit more rubbing come of easily.

Once all the bugs were gone i did hose the area thoroughly just incase it was the wrong thing to use and the water came off in sheets.

I do not know if it is improper to use them on vehicle paintwork as know most household cleaning products are too harsh to use, but as they are mean't for babies they cannot be harmful surely, i have tried them on my car and the bugs came off super easy, but only use them on your own car at your own discretion.

Warning - DO NOT use baby wipes on any type of leather http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/leathercare.html.

Gaz
It's not advisable to use baby wipes. You'll now have zero protection on the areas where you've used them. They're not even that great to use on your kid's butt.

For bug splats a good jet wash down, followed by a good foaming - make it nice and thick to get a good dwell time. Then rinse it off and make sure your 2bm wash has hot water to help loosen them that last bit. Don't rub too hard you'll inflict marks to the paint. If they don't come off straight away then repeat as needed.

If they're really stubborn then you'll probably need a citrus de-greaser or the poorboys bug remover through the foam lance is great.

Be sure to protect the paint afterwards too and try not to leave them on there too long before washing off.
Old 05 May 2011, 10:31 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you have a decent protective layer of wax or sealant, snowfoam should suffice. Bob