Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

dodo juice

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2011, 11:28 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodo juice

hello all

was looking at getting some dodo juice products but not sure what wax or polish to get i have a wr blue blob eye .

also how good are there other products and can someone explain to me how the two bucket system works feel a bit dumb asking this but if its what i think it seems so simple why aint people done it for years
Old 24 March 2011, 11:40 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

one bucket for the cleaning the car , the other for the cleanimg spong/wash mits so you can clean the car
try asking polish bliss for advice on wax products ....as they are the forum sponsor on here
Old 24 March 2011, 11:46 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Originally Posted by deanb1980
hello all

was looking at getting some dodo juice products but not sure what wax or polish to get i have a wr blue blob eye .

also how good are there other products and can someone explain to me how the two bucket system works feel a bit dumb asking this but if its what i think it seems so simple why aint people done it for years
I'm just about to start stocking Dodo products so I'll be able to give more advice then, but from experiance Supernatural is a fantastic wax!

Michael
Old 25 March 2011, 08:04 AM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

right it all depends on your budget and how much time you want to spend doing your car, a quick clean for me is now 3 hours exterior only, if i'm doing it properly its a full 8 hour day.

the 2 bucket method is you have a soap bucket with clean water and shampoo of your choice and then a pre rinse bucket that your mitt goes into to rince the grit and dirt out of the mit before next application into the soap bucket.

If your unsure on what wax works for you (wax is a personal thing and down to preference and the results you want, eg ultime shine, protection, longevity, but it is also effect by what else your using in terms of sealant, glazes, shampoo, paint condition, and how you apply it) then something like this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/do.../prod_537.html is worth a try and see which works for you.

if you've got any questions feel free to drop me a PM, i'm ridiculously into my detailing
Old 25 March 2011, 05:31 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

I have been using the Dodo range for 18 months now and its great stuff
The polish to use is "lime Prime" which can be used by hand, but if you want to really go all out you will need a DA polisher, They also do Lime prime light which has no corrective abilities so can be used more often if needed.
As for the wax they are all VERY good, you could use any of them for good results, but saying that for your colour I would recommend either SuperNatural (about £12.00), Blue velvet pro (£10.00) or Rain Forrest rub (£8.00).
These are all panel pots but if used correctly (thin coat's) will last 10 applications so more than a years worth of protection
Remember that wax will only look good if your preparation is good so might be worth looking in to Claying and tar removers first.
The shampoo's they do are also excellent with Sour Power and Born to be Mild being my favorite.
Hope this helps, if you need any more advice let me know