Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Is there a quick apply Sealant out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2010, 12:49 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a quick apply Sealant out there?

I am currently using the Autoglym Extra gloss protection which although is good I cant keep doing the waiting 1 hour plus each time I apply it. Is there a good sealant (not wanting a wax) that gives similar performance that you dont need to wait for, i.e. rub on rub off solution?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06 December 2010, 09:30 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

I use Megs Last Touch and final wipe down and also as a quick detailer.

Remember this time of year there is damp in the air etc.............hang on. Ibiza?

Steve
Old 06 December 2010, 10:29 AM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Megs Last Touch is a great QD but doesn't add any protection.

I recommend Werkstat Acrylic Glos http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ylic-glos.html

Or CarPro Reload http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ro-reload.html

Both of these add protection and are simple, mist and wipe-type products.
Old 06 December 2010, 10:40 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Sonus SFX4 is a easy to use sealant
Old 06 December 2010, 04:00 PM
Clark @ PB
Former Sponsor

Werkstat Acrylic every time for me!
Old 06 December 2010, 06:23 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that guys. Is the Werkstat Acrylic Glos http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ylic-glos.html the same type of LSP as the Extra gloss protection? I was mainly after something that is longer lasting and gives the same level of protection but doesnt require you to wait so long. Is the waiting part and parcel of having something that leaves long protection?

Although I would obviously like something that looks good on a silver car having something that is longer lasting is more of a priority. Ideally between £8 - £18-if its worth it.
Old 06 December 2010, 09:22 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John @ PB
Megs Last Touch is a great QD but doesn't add any protection.

I recommend Werkstat Acrylic Glos http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ylic-glos.html

Or CarPro Reload http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ro-reload.html

Both of these add protection and are simple, mist and wipe-type products.
John,

I thought Megs Last Touch did offer protection? Been topping up on megs for a couple of years on my other halfs car for years. Seems to work fine.

Noticed not as good on the Nattys wax though.

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 07 December 2010, 09:32 AM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

@SRSport

Go with Clark's recommendation of Acrylic Jett Trigger: it adds lots of protection and is a true liquid sealant.

Glos is a QD which adds some protection but Acrylic Jett Trigger is the sealant.

@Stevesbluewrx No, no protection from Last Touch: it adds some beading but this is probably down to the silicone in it.
Old 09 December 2010, 08:59 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your replies. I have been looking through your website and just wondered if you would help to clarify something for me. Am I right in thinking that the Werkstat Prime Acrylic is the equivalent to Autoglyms SRP while the Jett Trigger is equivalent to the Extra gloss protection?
Old 10 December 2010, 12:34 PM
phobia
Scooby Newbie

Another plus for acrylic jett trigger or glos for me, been using them over 12 months and only had good reviews....
Old 10 December 2010, 07:33 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Just noticed the free P&P and am keen to order but I need to know the above question

"Am I right in thinking that the Werkstat Prime Acrylic is the equivalent to Autoglyms SRP while the Jett Trigger is equivalent to the Extra gloss protection?"

If this is correct can you mix and match products? e.g. Autoglym SRP followed by jett trigger?
Old 11 December 2010, 12:30 PM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRSport
Just noticed the free P&P and am keen to order but I need to know the above question

"Am I right in thinking that the Werkstat Prime Acrylic is the equivalent to Autoglyms SRP while the Jett Trigger is equivalent to the Extra gloss protection?"

If this is correct can you mix and match products? e.g. Autoglym SRP followed by jett trigger?
Auto Glym and Werkstat are completely different, and work in different ways.

Super Resin Polish is, to the best of my knowledge, a filler-heavy, glaze-type product with some abrasive cut.

Werkstat Prime Acrylic has no abrasives, minimum cut, but has a high concentration of paint cleansers - it also lays down a base coat of sealant.

I have never used the Extra Gloss Protection and know next to nothing about it so have no idea how it compares to Werkstat Jett Trigger.

Generally, I always advise to stick with the same range: eg, use a Poorboys Glaze with Poorboys wax etc so in this case, I advise to use Werkstat Prime followed by Werkstat Jett Trigger.
Old 11 December 2010, 01:46 PM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

If it is for the sliver car in your avatar definately go for the Werkstat Acrylic it works fantastically well on light metallic cars. As John states, the product is completely different to Autoglym and in my opinion Werkstat is far superior . If you use Prime in place of Super Resin Polish and use the trigger in place of the Extra Gloss Protection you wont go far wrong , the Gloss is more of a quick detailer product although it definately appears to leave something behind and is also a great drying aid if you spray a little on the car while going round with a drying cloth.
Once you have done the car with Prime you shouldn't need to use that again for several months if you regularly top up the protection with the Jet Trigger which is a true wipe on , wipe off product, it wont even leave any white residue on window rubbers etc.
If I was you I would go the whole hog and buy the Acrylic kit which comes with all 3 products and everything you need to apply them properly.
I own quite a few expensive waxes but I keep finding myself going back to Werkstat Acrylic because it is just so good.
Hope this helps.
Old 11 December 2010, 01:59 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Dan
If I was you I would go the whole hog and buy the Acrylic kit which comes with all 3 products and everything you need to apply them properly.
I would if I could but MOT next Friday, moving house following Monday (mucho £££), Christmas, straight after service and insurance to pay and then at the end of January the wife is doing her driving test. Hence looking for something quick for no more than £18. If you have to buy other things to complement it then the price is not really the price of one but all of them making it an expensive alternative but thank you, I will take your advice and will look to get some soon but as I have plenty of products left I will wait until they run out first I think. It is disappointing that you cant use them independently with other products.

Last edited by SRSport; 11 December 2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11 December 2010, 02:23 PM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

I dont see why you couldn't use the Jet over the SRP as I have used it over Poorboys White Diamond which is also a filler heavy glaze and it seemed to work fine. I am sure it would bond better on top of Prime but if you dont have Prime I am sure it would still give good results.
Old 12 December 2010, 01:10 PM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRSport
I would if I could but MOT next Friday, moving house following Monday (mucho £££), Christmas, straight after service and insurance to pay and then at the end of January the wife is doing her driving test. Hence looking for something quick for no more than £18. If you have to buy other things to complement it then the price is not really the price of one but all of them making it an expensive alternative but thank you, I will take your advice and will look to get some soon but as I have plenty of products left I will wait until they run out first I think. It is disappointing that you cant use them independently with other products.
As with most things, it's a case of you get what you pay for to an extent, but to contradict that, on white, Werkstat is only really matched by waxes costing a lot of cash. When you consider you can also use Prime as a glass cleaner and sealant, metal cleaner and sealant and a base coat wheel sealant, and factor in that the kit should last you around 18months, the value looks a lot better.

I dont see why you couldn't use the Jet over the SRP as I have used it over Poorboys White Diamond which is also a filler heavy glaze and it seemed to work fine. I am sure it would bond better on top of Prime but if you dont have Prime I am sure it would still give good results.
You can use Jett over SRP but it's not optimal: you won't have the same quality of finish and the bonding process won't be so good, hence compromising durability, meaning more product use and it'd be a bit of a false economy. (Personally, I'd rather use Jett over White Diamond than SRP.)

Be as well to use Prime and do the job right:
Old 12 December 2010, 04:39 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

+1 for the Werkstat - fantastic and easy to apply.

Used it on my old Hawk STi and now on my UG Focus RS - stunning paint flake and beads like a good 'un.

Old 14 December 2010, 06:54 AM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

As its Christmas and the time of good will,send me your address and I will send you enough werkstatt,thats Prime and Acrylic jett to do your car,like the guys here say do it right,and to do just that you need the werkstatt products.

Even the wife uses it,so it must be easy.

Last edited by chunkb; 14 December 2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 14 December 2010, 07:56 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Wow, nice one thanks a lot.

the cars does look superb!!

Last edited by SRSport; 14 December 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 14 December 2010, 08:28 AM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

Prime,Acrylic jett,and Glos on the way,oh and we have included 2 really nice polishing cloths that come with the kit.
Remember you can use the prime in your door shuts,under bonnet/boot also as a wheel sealant and use it on all your windows its as good as rainex.
Merry Christmas from the Midlands.

Last edited by chunkb; 14 December 2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 14 December 2010, 11:01 AM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

Werkstatt doing its thing.
Old 14 December 2010, 05:29 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

That looks very good and thanks very much for your generosity what a top bloke you are. I will look forward to receiving, using and posting pics up of the finished article.
Old 14 December 2010, 11:01 PM
kennyc
Scooby Regular

Used Werkstatt for first time at weekend and would highly recommend it!
Old 15 December 2010, 06:19 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John @ PB
@SRSport

Go with Clark's recommendation of Acrylic Jett Trigger: it adds lots of protection and is a true liquid sealant.

Glos is a QD which adds some protection but Acrylic Jett Trigger is the sealant.

@Stevesbluewrx No, no protection from Last Touch: it adds some beading but this is probably down to the silicone in it.
Thanks for the info John.

May make a purchase of Werkstat Acrylic and see how it goes.
Can I say use the Werkstat Acrylic on top of the Nattys blue & white and on top of Werkstat Acrylic add some megs Last Touch?

Steve
Old 15 December 2010, 09:50 AM
Clark @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chunkb

Even the wife uses it,so it must be easy.
Who are you trying to kid, word is you've never even washed the damn thing - you just get the Mrs to do all the hard work

Car's looking good though Chris, definitely 2nd best WR1 out there
Old 15 December 2010, 03:09 PM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

Well I will give you that,its a very close 2nd to your WR1 and while we are on the subject I would just like to say a big thank you to you and Rich and everyone at Polished Bliss for all your help and good advice with regards to cleaning/looking after my WR1 which helped me to win Impreza Idol,oh and your votes.

Polished Bliss the BEST.

PS You are correct about the wife,she is Japanese and does all the car cleaning and still has the energy to love me long time.

Last edited by chunkb; 15 December 2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 15 December 2010, 04:22 PM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

What a nice gesture, well done Chris.

I can honestly say that Chris and Rosy are two of the nicest and most genuine people I have met through the Subaru community .
Old 15 December 2010, 04:33 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

What a nice gesture, well done Chris.

I can honestly say that Chris and Rosy are two of the nicest and most genuine people I have met through the Subaru community .
Absolutely, it has really touched me. Its been a long time since anyone has shown that generosity to someone they didnt know.
Old 15 December 2010, 10:34 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Truely a decent thing to do......

Did something similar with a guy off here wanting to try Autosmart Tardis, posted him a 500ml bottle to test.....

Nice to see SN being used for the good of the community and not just about making £££

The advice given from PB on here is usually the best you can get and at no charge, which isnt always the case....pat on the back for the PB stable too
Old 15 December 2010, 10:36 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brocks
Truely a decent thing to do......

Did something similar with a guy off here wanting to try Autosmart Tardis, posted him a 500ml bottle to test.....

Nice to see SN being used for the good of the community and not just about making £££

The advice given from PB on here is usually the best you can get and at no charge, which isnt always the case....pat on the back for the PB stable too
Agreed and I have no doubt that is where I will be making my first purchase of the stuff.

Quick Reply: Is there a quick apply Sealant out there?