Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Anyone tried auto glym life shine?

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2009, 10:03 PM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried auto glym life shine?

As above whats your opinon?
Had it done-what do you think of it?

Gettin new car and they doing that to it-not sure about it tho.
Old 02 April 2009, 11:54 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I have not used it, but I have seen it applied by a Auto Glym employee. He said that it is not worth it as it can't last the length of time it is supposed to. Words to that effect anyway. Same as that Supaguard stuff really.
Old 02 April 2009, 12:11 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waste of money
Old 03 April 2009, 02:49 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Lifeshine and all other dealer applied 'long-life' treatments are simply average quality sealant systems... which should cost around the £20-£30 mark. Essentially, such system are simply mechanisms for dealerships to make much more profit from every sale, so are best avoided at all costs. A much better option is to buy a decent set of products tailored towards your needs (durability, working by hand/machine, etc) and your car's colour (you can make the paint look quite different depending on what you use) and do the work yourself.
Old 04 April 2009, 08:36 AM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Lifeshine and all other dealer applied 'long-life' treatments are simply average quality sealant systems... which should cost around the £20-£30 mark. Essentially, such system are simply mechanisms for dealerships to make much more profit from every sale, so are best avoided at all costs. A much better option is to buy a decent set of products tailored towards your needs (durability, working by hand/machine, etc) and your car's colour (you can make the paint look quite different depending on what you use) and do the work yourself.
Thanks rich,as you know i get my stuff from you, but the dealer insisted that i had it done because i was so fussy over the new car-
(its a 56 plate black golf-new to me!)

Thing is im worried about whether they do a good job now after reading about it. Not sure i can cancel the life shine as i've put a desposit down for the car.
If they **** it up and havent prep'd the paint work right is there any products i can use to remove it?

CAN I REFUSE TO PAY IT FOR IT IF ITS CRAP?

At the mo i've got megs hyper with foam lance and megs nxt shampoo-could i use that on this life shine if its done right and they have done a good job?

Thanks for your help rich