Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

My WR1 Updated...

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2008, 03:37 PM
Clark @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My WR1 Updated...

Copied and pasted over from Detailingworld...

Been a while since i posted anything, purely down to the fact that i've been so busy that i havent had time to take any pics during my details, so i thought i'd post something up untill my next "proper" write up.

I had a half day off on Friday so i gave the Impreza a wash and another coat of Werkstat Acrylic - this was its 7th or 8th coat (starting to lose count) and the car is now looking incredibly wet so i'm well chuffed

I'm also in the middle of trying out Blackfire's Metal Sealant, which comes boosted with Polycharger:

So far the protection seems to be very good, it gives off similair beading to Vintage and considering the tailpipe gets extremely hot i've found this rather impressive

I finally got round to "de-Tangoing" the headlights. This consists of heating the headlight casings up with a heat gun (some people put them in the oven but i took the safer option!) and seperating them enough to remove the orange lense.

Before:

After:

Removing the orange lense meant that the indicator bulbs needed replacing with orange ones, but instead i painted the standard ones orange and then tinted them the same colour as the car - same for the rears:

I'd always thought the rear end was too "busy" with badges as standard:

A bit of de-badging and a new WR1 sticker makes it look a bit neater now IMO

The standard stereo is, to put it mildly, rather pi$h. Fortunately i'd kept my one when i sold the Leon so this has massively helped improve the sound quality

And finally, last weeks mod was a new set of 6000K HIDs, once you've had them you cant go back to crappy halogens

On next months shopping list are 4 new tyres and a refurb for all the wheels as a couple of them have some small kerbing marks from the previous owner which has bugged me since buying the car. I'm also going to get under the car and clean everything there as it is still like new so i want to keep it like that

I know it wasnt exactly a proper write up but i thought i'd post something until i can get the next one up - and trust me, the next one will be worth waiting for

Clark
Old 18 July 2008, 08:03 PM
Robbieben
Scooby Regular

Car looks stunning Clark.
Old 18 July 2008, 11:39 PM
Mike Murphy
Scooby Regular

Looking good Clark, like the debadging/detangoing, some useful mods also!!

Mike
Old 20 July 2008, 03:13 AM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks stunning. Good to see you're getting practise on the Scoob before my STI arrives next month.

Colin
Old 20 July 2008, 10:18 AM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

I moved away from Werkstat over to Blackfire for my own car back at the turn of the year and I'm beginning to wonder if I should've. Put a coat of Werkstat on my fathers car yesterday and it looked good. Hmmm, what to do as when I get two full (...breath held) dry days I need to get stuck in to my own - swirl central at the moment, which I have excuses for, poor ones but excuses !

Car is looking fantastic Clark. Liking the mods "so far". Soon it'll be better than when it came out the factory...oh hold on you changed the stereo so already is !!

No pressure when Colzo's car arrives with you, looking forward to reading that write up (it's another Scooby and at a guess he's looking forward to it!!) !

Last edited by C_WRX; 21 July 2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 20 July 2008, 09:26 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

so on your day off from detailing cars you erm detailed a car?Thats dedication
Old 20 July 2008, 10:57 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

When are you going to learn scoobies are for driving not polishing?
Old 21 July 2008, 12:34 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Oh believe me, he drives it well too... 45 degree to 45 degree flick through a roundabout a few weeks back convinced me that Clark is as much a proper driver as a damn fine detailer!