Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Fully booked until 2009 - diary now closed

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2008, 11:23 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fully booked until 2009 - diary now closed

In order to cut down on wasted phone calls and e-mails, I thought I'd better put up an announcement about our waiting list. We are now fully booked for detailing work until the start of 2009, i.e. an 8 month waiting list. Therefore, we have closed the diary to new bookings, as we have to try and reduce the length of wait going into next year - it's currently getting ridiculous!

Our diary will reopen on 1st November 2008 on a first come basis for the period 1st Jan 2009 - 31st March 2009. In future we will only be releasing 3 monthly blocks in the diary at a time, in order to keep the waiting list down.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Old 07 May 2008, 12:18 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure many people have said the same but...why don't you employ someone to bring the waiting times down?
I am lucky if I keep a car for a year never mind book it in for correction in a years time, surely you must be missing out on valuable business in the meantime?
Intrigued, Doc.
Old 07 May 2008, 03:28 PM
STiLtd
Scooby Regular

Well, that's both fantastic news but also bad news!

Fantastic that you've got the business coming in (especially in today's economic climate)....although not surprising, as I think your work is exemplary.

Bad news for me in that I'd decided to treat myself (or should that be my car?) to a full detail sometime after the summer. I'd love to have done it sooner, but it will be a year old then, and at least I won't feel quite so bad that the DiamondBrite stuff was a complete waste of money!

As always Clark, fantastic work and hope business continues to grow and grow!

Mike
Old 07 May 2008, 04:06 PM
STiLtd
Scooby Regular

You guys should definitely think about a "southern franchise"! Might give me the excuse I need to get out of my current career!
Old 08 May 2008, 09:58 PM
jayb1970
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STiLtd
You guys should definitely think about a "southern franchise"! Might give me the excuse I need to get out of my current career!

Sounds like a great idea, count me in
Old 09 May 2008, 04:30 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by +Doc+
I'm sure many people have said the same but...why don't you employ someone to bring the waiting times down?
I am lucky if I keep a car for a year never mind book it in for correction in a years time, surely you must be missing out on valuable business in the meantime?
Intrigued, Doc.
Yes, but if we employ too many people then cashflow is crunched, and then it can all go pear shaped very quickly. Golden rule in business - cashflow is king. Run out of money and it's all over, no matter how successful or quickly the business is growing. Our biggest problem is that we need more space in order to then take on more staff and thus bookings. Space costs a lot, up to 20k to fit out a unit properly for what we do, and again, finding another 20k just 12 months after moving into the current unit isn't easy! So, I know what you mean, but I would rather cap growth than risk losing the lot by trying to keep up with demand without having the means to do so. There is also the headache of finding new staff capable enough, with a similar level of skill and dedication.
Old 10 May 2008, 11:59 AM
STiLtd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Yes, but if we employ too many people then cashflow is crunched, and then it can all go pear shaped very quickly. Golden rule in business - cashflow is king. Run out of money and it's all over, no matter how successful or quickly the business is growing. Our biggest problem is that we need more space in order to then take on more staff and thus bookings. Space costs a lot, up to 20k to fit out a unit properly for what we do, and again, finding another 20k just 12 months after moving into the current unit isn't easy! So, I know what you mean, but I would rather cap growth than risk losing the lot by trying to keep up with demand without having the means to do so. There is also the headache of finding new staff capable enough, with a similar level of skill and dedication.
You're doing the right thing! Too many businesses grow too quickly and regret it not long afterwards. Better to be small and always have the demand than big with big overheads which can't be paid! And it's never nice to make people redundant when cashflow goes "a bit wrong"!

I also know what you mean about finding the staff. We have the same problem....getting people is easy, but getting people who are prepared to go above and beyond to make sure the job is done right is another matter! Unfortunately I know this first hand, as I'M normally the one working stupid hours, and "on call" 24/7!

But again, congratulations......of all the websites I've looked at by detailing companies, you are most definitely perfectionists, and the best I've seen!

I'll mail you sometime soon and come and see you in person at some point over the next few months......when time allows!
Old 11 May 2008, 12:20 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Great news rich, you offer a great service and it show with people willing to book in such advance especially knowing that you don’t spend much on advertising

Old 12 May 2008, 09:34 AM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Polished Bliss - you've done the right thing. Good on ya pal.

Haroon
Old 20 May 2008, 09:17 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Just emailed you, polished bliss
Old 23 May 2008, 03:34 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Cheers fella's, onwards and upwards, albeit slowly!