Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Recommandations for Red?

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2008, 09:50 PM
Lemster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommandations for Red?

Ok, picked up my first Scooby this week, a red UK sports-wagon.

All my other red motors of the past, Golf GTi and Lancia Delta, have buffed up well using AutoGlyn, so have no real reason to change. It is currently looking very consitent, not too much fade, and the bonnet has just been re-sprayed due to a stone chip causinthe laquer to peel.

So I'm looking for any advice as to what best suits Subaru's red paintwork to keep it looking sweet and prevent any sun fade.

p.s. I hate the fist newbie posts but ya gotta start somewhere eh?
Old 15 March 2008, 01:03 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the forum

is it a Light or dark red… I would guess you would want one of the JEFFS Werkstatt range …..
Car Care Products - Protect

Have a little read on that site it will give you a load of info
Old 15 March 2008, 01:07 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

JEFFS Werkstatt Carnauba Kit
This excellent value for money kit includes everything you need to achieve the JEFFS Werkstatt carnauba finish on your car, and works best on solid mid tone colours like reds and yellows.
Old 19 March 2008, 06:46 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

I would go with our JEFFS Werkstat Carnauba Kit, as it looks fantastic on mid tone solid finishes, and offers terrific durability. The kit also comes with all the necessary applicator pads and buffing towels. Here is the recommended routine for using it...

Wash (ideally every week)

Basic Wash Kit £34.85 - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb500wash.html

Clay (once every six months, to remove bonded surface contaminants)

Meguiars Quik Clay Kit £11.95 - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb100clean.html

Polish/Protect (polish every six months after claying, then protect every 4-6 weeks for best results)

Jeffs Werkstatt Carnauba Kit £46.95 - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...06protect.html

The Prime Carnauba basecoat is a light finishing polish that lays down a tough initial coat of acrylic protection whilst deep cleansing the paint; you should use it once every six months after claying. Carnauba Jett is a pure spray wax that should be used to add more gloss and protection every 4-6 weeks; the more layers you build up, the better the finish will get in terms of wetness and durability. The Carnauba Glos is a quick detailing spray, and can be used to boost gloss, lubricate when drying off after washing and loosen the residues of Prime and Jett if you find them hard to remove. Here are full instructions for the first major detail with the products...

After washing and claying, start out by applying a basecoat of Prime Carnauba using the white side of the Ultimate German Applicator Pad, and buff off this residue using the blue Poorboys Super Thick & Plush Towel, using a spritz of Carnauba Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. Then apply a coat of Carnauba Jett by spraying onto one of the coral Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towels, wiping over the panel and then buffing off with the other Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel, again using a spritz of Carnauba Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. Then simply follow the above routine, adding a fresh coat of Carnauba Jett every 4-6 weeks. Apply all of the products to both paint and alloy wheels.

And here is the reason why...

Aside from Zymol Vintage (which is an unrealistic option for most people), I have found nothing else that makes solid red paint look as rich and wet.