Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

What's better on solid white?

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2008, 01:35 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's better on solid white?

I already have the Jeffs Werkstatt kit (from doing other white cars) but I've just ordered the Blackfire Wet Diamond (and a shedload of other stuff) for the wife's black Honda and wondered what would look better on my solid white Skyline? I'm guessing the Jeffs, but wondered if anyone could confirm/deny?
Old 07 February 2008, 02:23 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

i have read the jeffs from PB and others but i have only used the blackfire range so thats not 1st hand info...
Old 08 February 2008, 04:50 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

This question was also asked last week, lots of opinions on this thread...

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...paintwork.html

My favourite is the Jeffs Acrylic system, as it gives solid white paint great wetness and reflectivity, and is durable too.
Old 09 February 2008, 09:22 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I do like the Jeffs finish a lot, I was just checking
Old 11 February 2008, 09:56 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I thought I'd share the results of me spending the whole of Saturday on the GTR. This won't be a Polished Bliss style write up and the photos don't do it justice as they're off my phone due to technical difficulties

Process:

Super Snow Foam pre-treatment
Washed with Zymol and a natural sponge
Clayed using Megs Quick Clay
Polished with PC and Menzerna Final Finish (not aggresive enough to fully correct, unfortunately)
Jeffs Werkstatt Prime/Jett/Glos combo to finish.

First off, I've not had the chance to really sort the car off since I bought it late last year due to weather, work and family committments (in fact, I've only washed it once up till this weekend )

Following the wash and claying session, it was starting to look good

The back bumper was a frigging nightmare. My turbo seals are on the way out so I get a bit of an oil haze occasionally on boost, which seals itself to the bumper and then gets baked on by the heat and occasional flame It took about half an hour of soaking in pre-wash, gently but firmly scrubbing with a micro-fibre towel and eventually finishing off with the Menzerna poish to clean it up. It was worth it, though.

None of my pics really do the shine any justice, but be assured that it looks great. It simply glows in the sunset!

I'm definately improving my technique and this is my best "detail" so far, but I need to get better at the actual "detail" bit of detailing
Old 12 February 2008, 06:45 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Looks very good, time well spent.
If you're finding Menz FF not aggressive enough invest in a bottle of Intensive Polish (IP) to help you out.
Regarding the issue of whats best for white paint I get good results layering waxes, normally Dodo Juice Light fantastic which is engineered for lighter colours. They also do a similar one called Diamond white (which does sound like a cheapo cider)

Tim
Old 13 February 2008, 09:40 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Looks great, not easy to shoot white well on bright days, but you can see the wetness - nice one!
Old 13 February 2008, 09:29 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Thanks!

I recieved my latest Polished Bliss care package on Monday and am looking forward to tackling the wife's black Honda Civic. It's very swirly despite only being a year old and just aching for some random action love
Old 14 February 2008, 03:55 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Just noticed this section on here quite glad i have now as i need a list of products i'll need to maintain a showroom finish to my White Spec C.I will need a complete list of what i will need and where to get it from if anyone can help
Old 14 February 2008, 06:13 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
I thought I'd share the results of me spending the whole of Saturday on the GTR. This won't be a Polished Bliss style write up and the photos don't do it justice as they're off my phone due to technical difficulties

Process:

Super Snow Foam pre-treatment
Washed with Zymol and a natural sponge
Clayed using Megs Quick Clay
Polished with PC and Menzerna Final Finish (not aggresive enough to fully correct, unfortunately)
Jeffs Werkstatt Prime/Jett/Glos combo to finish.

First off, I've not had the chance to really sort the car off since I bought it late last year due to weather, work and family committments (in fact, I've only washed it once up till this weekend )

Following the wash and claying session, it was starting to look good

The back bumper was a frigging nightmare. My turbo seals are on the way out so I get a bit of an oil haze occasionally on boost, which seals itself to the bumper and then gets baked on by the heat and occasional flame It took about half an hour of soaking in pre-wash, gently but firmly scrubbing with a micro-fibre towel and eventually finishing off with the Menzerna poish to clean it up. It was worth it, though.

None of my pics really do the shine any justice, but be assured that it looks great. It simply glows in the sunset!

I'm definately improving my technique and this is my best "detail" so far, but I need to get better at the actual "detail" bit of detailing
Is that a Soarer I see, and are you mycroft

Good work dude
Old 14 February 2008, 07:21 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Is that a Soarer I see, and are you mycroft

Good work dude
Cheers Mycroft never really liked the V8 Soarer