Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

quicky for polished bliss...

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2007, 03:02 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quicky for polished bliss...

just had a look through the products on the polished bliss website.

what im after when i wash the car, is obviously protection via waxes or sealents, but also a glossy wet look with a lovely shine.

autoglym polish and poorboys wax do a good job, but the blackfire stuff seems to be the peoples choice for a "budget" glossy finishing product.

so if im after sadi wet look to my cars finish, would it be adviseable to buy both the polish for post washing, then the sealant to apply after polish, even though its not necessarily a wax?

thinking about it thats all. really want my red classic to look soaking with that excellent glossy finish. i crave gloss god damn it
Old 28 September 2007, 09:40 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Okay, if you are polishing after every wash you are doing it way too often! Polishing should only need to be done 1-2 times a year tops. In between, all that is needed is regular additions of wax or sealant layers. If you really crave a dripping wet gloss, I would go for the Blackfire Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. Yes, it's £40, but the pot will last you for ages even if a fresh coat is applied every month. Myadvice would be to do as follows:

1. After the next wash, check that the paint is free of bonded surface contaminants with your fingertips (if it isn't then I would strongly advise clating it with Meguiars Quik Clay), then polish it one more time with the Autoglym product you favour, then finally add the first coat of the wax.

2. After every subsequent wash, quick detail the paint using something like Meguiars Last Touch to remove any water spots and enhance the gloss.

3. Every 4-6 weeks, apply a fresh coat of the wax after doing everything in stage 2 above.

This routine will see the wax layers begin to build up, and will give you all thw wetness you could ask for, but without polishing too often.

Old 28 September 2007, 12:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

thanks p.b. much appreciated. i dont polish after every wash, think i was mis-understood on that one.

have you a link to the paste wax you were referring too?

i have considered claying the car, as my local halfrauds now do the quick clay kit for £22.99.

so my best option is to wash the car as currently do. dry as currently do. then quick clay it to de-contaminate. then try the blackfire carnbualarlalrarla paste wax on it. but repeat this every month for a deeper gloss?

uber helpful. cheers guys
Old 28 September 2007, 02:27 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

http://http://www.polishedbliss.co.u...04protect.html

thats the wax mate and its very good stuff

and this is a very good starter clay bar

http://http://www.polishedbliss.co.u...b100clean.html
Old 28 September 2007, 02:28 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

just to add you will beable to quick detail with the spray that comes with that clay bar, see how that goes 4 you then invest in somthing like Meguiars Last Touch which is what i have just sent 4...
Old 29 September 2007, 04:57 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
thanks p.b. much appreciated. i dont polish after every wash, think i was mis-understood on that one.

have you a link to the paste wax you were referring too?

i have considered claying the car, as my local halfrauds now do the quick clay kit for £22.99.

so my best option is to wash the car as currently do. dry as currently do. then quick clay it to de-contaminate. then try the blackfire carnbualarlalrarla paste wax on it. but repeat this every month for a deeper gloss?

uber helpful. cheers guys
Very welcome, and yep, you've got it. Also save yourself a tenner and get the clay kit linked above rather than the £22 jobbie from Halfords.
Old 29 September 2007, 12:01 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Very welcome, and yep, you've got it. Also save yourself a tenner and get the clay kit linked above rather than the £22 jobbie from Halfords.
link doesnt work...
Old 29 September 2007, 02:03 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

click on the Polished Bliss link then mate at the top of the page, dont no y them links dont work very odd
Old 29 September 2007, 05:25 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

It's because something you seem to do to your hyperlinks, it isn't the first thread where I have seen links by you go pete tong. Remove the extra http:// from the links and they will work perfectly mate
Old 29 September 2007, 10:19 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

ok mate will do next time