Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Vandalism Help

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2006, 05:05 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vandalism Help

Hi all just washed by mums Seat Fr to find that somebody has keyed it down the passenger’s side, or even a branch as its the whole length of the car in two straight line

I am looking for some advice on the best way to treat it and which products (using the Blackfire range for protection), it does not feel very deep and is not that visible only is some lights and angles. Any work will be done by hand to start with, but if it unsuccessful I will have to invest in a porter cable

Thanks for your help and if any ones got any advice on the best way to goes about hand polishing (on top of PB web site)

How hard do I have to press?
How long on the panel?
Do I just concentrate on the scratch or do I have to do the how panel with the same pressure and speed?

Thanks for the help just don’t want to make it a bigger issue than it is (on a positive I get to practice on somebody else’s car and not the Scooby)
Old 04 September 2006, 09:10 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

What products do you have? List 'em here and I'll be on first thing in the morning with an approach to follow - gotta dash now, already late for something else.
Old 04 September 2006, 09:31 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Hi polished bliss thanks for the time I don’t have any true polishes yet as I start investing in your product when I got my 06 Scooby and as it was brand new there was no need. You have such a wide selection that I wanted to check with a pro before doing anything

JEFFS Werkstatt Prime Strong (just ordered this week for my alloys but its not really a true polish is it)

I use the below products to protect the paint don’t know if this will effect which polish to use (primarily use the blakfire range as I was so impressed with the results)

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket
Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze

P21S Total Auto Wash (will I need to wash the car with this before satarting any polishing to remove Paint Protection layers)

Don’t know why but I am just worry about using polishes don’t want to make a mess of the paint any advice would be gratefully received thanks again
Old 04 September 2006, 11:32 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

I delt with a similer scratch on my girlfriends car - you couldnt feel it with your nail -

I used Menzerna power gloss (as her paint was very hard) a few passes with this on a light cut orange lake country cutting pad and bingo the scratch was gone - I would do the whole panal then complete your normal stages of polish then sealent etc - but by the look of that pic the car may look odd as you will have 1 new looking side which youve worked on and the rest will look swirled/scratched to buggery - I would give the whole car a onceover then your mum will be well pleased.

If the scratch is deeper then its bodyshop time - the PC will only hide some of the scratch.

just my 2p`s worth - hope this helps
Old 05 September 2006, 12:51 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Spot on advice, even for use by hand. The upper scratch looks too deep to remove fully by hand, but the lower one should come out. Try Power Gloss using the white side of a German Applicator Pad, using firm pressure and a reasonable amount of product. Work in all directions in straight lines. The Power Gloss will take a good five minutes of rubbing to break down by hand, but try to work it as long as possible, as the finish will be better. There is chance you will be left with some very fine marring if the abrasives don't break down fully. This will come out easily with a good finishing polish like Menzerna Final Polish II, again using the white side of a German Pad. Once this is done, follow up with the Blackfire products you already have. Let us know how you get on, call if you need on the spot advice, etc.
Old 05 September 2006, 07:25 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Big thanks to both of you, order placed PB, will have to have a go over the weekend will update you with some good before and after pics

thanks guys
Old 06 September 2006, 10:48 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

That would be cool, just remember to eat plenty of cake and drink plenty - you've got a hard task ahead of you, but you'll get there.
Old 25 September 2006, 08:32 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Hi all a few weeks on and it’s been done, very happy with the results 1st time I have ever really polished a car properly (not including that c*** stuff from Halfords.) It was dam hard work and I think if I have anything similar in the future I will have to invest in a porter cable. I used the Menzerna range Menzerna power gloss, Menzerna Final Polish II, Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze and then Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket.
wanted to save the Blackfire stuff for the Scooby plus good excuse to use up the Menzerna however I was very impressed with it, it seems to work very well on black.

thanks guys
Old 25 September 2006, 11:44 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Can you make the pics bigger - how did you go on - did you manage to get the damage out?
Old 26 September 2006, 07:47 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Does the links not work , just click on the image ?? or do u mean bigger than that ?? not great photos as the light was going and a s**t camera but I was well pleased with the results very hard to see any sign of the scratch now even when you are looking for it,

Thanks for the interest and advice
Old 27 September 2006, 02:53 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

No worries, very welcome, pics look good, and good for you for doing it all by hand, that gets big respect from me.