Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

FAO Mr Bliss

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2006, 11:14 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO Mr Bliss

Aye...got the PC, it arrived from the States today, not opened it yet, but its just the 7424 with no pads.

I've got a black WRX, from reading your advice and reviews etc in previous posts i reckon you are man and i need these bits 'n bobs from you..

1 x Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds Car Wash
1 x Meguiars Quik Clay
1 x Menzerna Intensive Polish
1 x Menzerna Final Polish II
1 x Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Do you reckon these will work together on a black Subaru ?

I dont think the PC came with any pads, so i reckon i'll need some of them as well - which ones do you reckon ? Oh and i'll also need the kit to clean out the wheels, i reckon i'll leave the wheels to later tho - be nice to know what i do need though.

I already have a lambswool wash mitt (its a bit old, but it does the biz), and i've already got some of them micro-fibre cloths, you know the ones that dry the car in seconds.

What else do you reckon i need man ? I guess its just the polishing pads ?.

I've still got to get the tranformer+the cable etc from Screwfix, i'll do that tomorrow. Is there a link for that somewhere ?

Just let me know what you reckon to the above stuff and some on advice on the pads and i'll fire the order through to you tomorrow..........

nice one bliss....nice one
Old 20 July 2006, 08:03 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the arrival of the PC - you won't look back from now on. The list of products looks spot on. The Intensive Polish should be applied using orange light cut pads (need 2-3 to do the whole car) and buffed with Super Thick n Plush Towels. The Final Polish II should be applied with green polishing pads (need 2 to do the whole car) and buffed with Super Thick n Plush Towels. The Wet Diamond is best applied by hand using the red side of a German Applicator Pad, and is best buffed off with a Deluxe Mega Towel. One extra step you would benfit from is a quick buzz all over with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish using a black glazing pad (after the Final Polish II, before the Wet Diamond) - this really enhances the gloss and wetness of the finish, but is of course totally optional.

Wheels - after taking them off and giving them a thorough clean, the best protection system is a basecoat of JEFFS Prime Strong, followed by 2-3 coats of Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. Do this and they will be bombproof for 6 months at a time, providing you top up the Wheel Sealant every 2 months.

Screwfix have stopped doing the cheapy transformers for ~£40. Have a look on their site anyway in case anything has changed since I last looked, but if not a local builders merchant should have 110V supplies in stock (some of the bigger B&Q's are also doing this gear now).

Final thing - we're out of orange and green 6.5" pads just now, more due to arrive in about 5 days time.

Old 20 July 2006, 08:19 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

will keep an eye out for the orange pads to come in
Old 20 July 2006, 08:28 AM
molko
Scooby Regular

Bliss....cheers for that....so...by your reckoning, i also need

3 x Orange Light Cut Pads
1 x Super Thick n Plush Towel
2 x Green Polishing Pads
1 x German Applicator Pad
1 x Deluxe Mega Towel

Dont think i'll bother with the Blackfire gloss enhancing polish.

I was reading somwhere that i might need a backing plate for the PC, is this correct ?

Is it cool to order the orange 'n green pads from you, even though they are not in stock ? Is 6.5" the recommended size ?
Old 20 July 2006, 10:22 AM
molko
Scooby Regular

Bliss

I'm off out for a few days, just emailed you an order enquiry, if you give me a call and we'll sort the order out - cheers

Please not the 2nd email contains my correct mobile number....i screwed up on the 1st email....

cheers man.....appreciated
Old 21 July 2006, 12:48 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

All sorted by phone earlier today - order on it's way already, should be with you tomorrow (make that later today, just checked the time!).
Old 07 August 2006, 07:54 AM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
All sorted by phone earlier today - order on it's way already, should be with you tomorrow (make that later today, just checked the time!).
aye cheers man, got all the kit very quickly indeed, all packaged well etc... Thanks.. It took a while to get the transformer from Screwfix, hence my late reply. Transformer arrvied on Thursday.

Anyway, i set to it yesterday.....did the old :

Jetwash
Hand Wash with Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds Car Wash
Jetwash
Hand Wash with Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds Car Wash again
Rinse
Dried with microfibre towel
Got stuck in with the Meguiars ClayBar on every panel
rinsed the claybar residue off
Dried with microfibre towel

Then came the time to start the PC up, i used the Orange Light Cut Pads and the Menzerna Intensive Polish. It was looking good, i applied the polish on 'speed 2' with the PC and then buffed it off on 'speed 5'. Ok i caught the trim a little bit and got a bif on the windows, but nothing i couldn't sort out...the PC 'n polish had made a helluva difference.........I started on the bonnet...

THEN IS STARTED TO RAIN !!!!!!!!! AYE IT RAINED CONSTANTLY from them on...I tried to remove the polish from the bonnet, but it was having none of it !!! the rain was ruining it...

SO....the car looks a little weird now, i really need to get back on it tonight...

Whats my best approach, quick wash n rinse and reapply polish ?

Oh and what s the best way to get the polish off the trims ? Its just little specks here and there

CHeers man......MOst of the panels are cleaming, its just the bonnet and the roof...........and i also need to apply the Menzerna Final Polish II
and then Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

CHEERS
Old 07 August 2006, 10:25 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Damn weather - best bet is to wash the car again thoroughly, as this will take care of any residues remaining on the panels. The spots on the trims will also come away with a little gentle rubbing, or you can wait until you've fully done then spot treat them using a decent degreaser (like P21S Total Auto Wash - this is what I do on many of my details). Keep us posted, and don't forget to put up some pics when done.