Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Swirl marks help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2006, 02:13 PM
lee65
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swirl marks help!!!!

Please help me i have a dark blue mica scoob and she cleans up a treat.....untill the sun or head lights hit the paint work then it looks like i washed it with wire wool I long for that just washed wet look any ideas?
Thanks Lee
Old 23 February 2006, 02:30 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Zymol cleaner wax from halfords and only polish in straight lines along the panels not circles.

dipster
Old 23 February 2006, 04:22 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze, applied by hand using a microfibre pad in circular motions, buffed of using a super thick n plush towel. This is by one of the easiest and best polishes to use by hand. Another is Menzerna Acrylic Jacket, but this should only be topped with Menzerna FMJ sealant, so you'd need to like the look a sealant gives before choosing - see the guide on our website to choosing and applying wax or sealant protection to see the difference between wax and sealant finishes. If you go with the Vanilla Moose, I'd then top it with two thin coats of Poorboy's EX-P, followed by a coat of Natty's Blue paste wax. This will give you a dripping wet look, whilst still allowing the flake to sing out from the paint. Of course, if the swirls are seriosu, hand polishing is unlikely to completely remove them... meaning that a machine polish is required. If you don't want to go down this route yourself, give me a shout and I'll see if I can put you in touch with a pro detailer in your area (I have a good network of contacts around the UK).