Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Club Area stickies in Events

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2005, 09:48 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Area stickies in Events

I know the Essex guys raised this so I'm not sure if this has been buried?

But what's the possibility of having a Club area 'sticky' in the various Events areas?

I feel that there's enough clubs currently on SNET to have such a feature. Clubs are the heart of the social side of SNET and would no doubt be used to bring more people to the site, and keep them there.

As a club, the Northern WYIOC membership continues to grow. New members, who know nothing of SNET, have emailed wanting information about meets etc.. As we are moving from our old 'clunky' site, we send the SNET URL for the meeting thread and wait for them to post or simply come along as we feel that there are no other forums to beat this one. So this is where we stay and do our everyday posting, with the club site acting as a simple informational front end linking here.

Some features that spring to mind would be that the club would manage its own area to some degree with one or two members able to manage the clubs threads, removing the general admin burden from the Mods. Bad threads would show the club in a bad light, so I'm sure it would remain 'clean & tidy'.

I feel that by advertising the SNET forum club home in mags, flyers etc would bring more people to the forum as a whole, increasing footfall and generating revenue. I'm also sure clubs wouldn't mind paying a small charge for the setup overheads.

Basic idea in its infancy... Happy to take comments from Simon or Shaun.

Last edited by Alan C; 24 March 2005 at 09:51 PM.