Notices

My Blobeye Spec C Type RA

Old 25 February 2017, 06:08 PM
  #91  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Good news today the bushes in my previous post have cured the clonking noise from the front end, so now to wait for my delivery from japanparts.com.

Once the upgraded parts have been fitted then I can get the geometry alignment redone.

A couple of other nice shiny STi parts now have my attention, I'm just waiting to see how much they'll cost me and if I can justify the further expenditure to myself.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 25 February 2017, 06:38 PM
  #92  
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (48)
 
Dave Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Forest of Dean
Posts: 4,732
Default

Don't worry TY it's only money.
Dave Y is offline  
Old 25 February 2017, 06:46 PM
  #93  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by Dave Y View Post
Don't worry TY it's only money.
It's like water passing through my hands at the moment, although not as much as you've spent recently.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 06:36 AM
  #94  
Matty81
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Banned
Posts: 1,591
Default

hahahaha! I think we are all a victim of that boys!
Matty81 is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 08:30 AM
  #95  
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (48)
 
Dave Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Forest of Dean
Posts: 4,732
Default

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
It's like water passing through my hands at the moment, although not as much as you've spent recently.
Dave Y is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 11:26 AM
  #96  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
hahahaha! I think we are all a victim of that boys!
Originally Posted by Dave Y View Post
I stopped counting a long time ago, I'd be very cheesed off if I ever added it all up.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 02:39 PM
  #97  
mantazini
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
mantazini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MSOC
Posts: 3,137
Default

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
So my STi Group N rear wishbone rear bushes arrived today, so they'll be fitted very soon and then hopefully that will cure the clonking noise from the front end.



Wouldn't the eccentric bushes make more impact ( more caster ) ? Or it's really all that pink , looks over function for you these days?
mantazini is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 02:51 PM
  #98  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by mantazini View Post
Wouldn't the eccentric bushes make more impact ( more caster ) ? Or it's really all that pink , looks over function for you these days?
No, because I needed to get them changed so I opted for the uprated version, the bushes are more robust and will hopefully never need to be changed again.

They aren't more eccentric than what the standard items I believe, just a case of replacing the bushes with better quality alternatives.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 03:35 PM
  #99  
mantazini
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
mantazini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MSOC
Posts: 3,137
Default

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
No, because I needed to get them changed so I opted for the uprated version, the bushes are more robust and will hopefully never need to be changed again.

They aren't more eccentric than what the standard items I believe, just a case of replacing the bushes with better quality alternatives.
They're quality of course , what i'm saying is you could get the bushes that actually make a difference in steering department . Eccentric ones would give you over 1 degree of more caster . It's an anti lift + caster kit . It's a tad different of whiteline ones and i assume are the better ones too . Check this out.
http://www.iagperformance.com/SuperP...aloy1388ak.htm
mantazini is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 03:45 PM
  #100  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by mantazini View Post
They're quality of course , what i'm saying is you could get the bushes that actually make a difference in steering department . Eccentric ones would give you over 1 degree of more caster . It's an anti lift + caster kit . It's a tad different of whiteline ones and i assume are the better ones too . Check this out.
http://www.iagperformance.com/SuperP...aloy1388ak.htm
I get what you're saying but I want to keep the car as it left the factory, and if I do swop out the original parts then I'll only fit original or uprated STi parts.

I like how the car performs in factory form and don't want to change it too much.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 03:47 PM
  #101  
mantazini
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
mantazini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MSOC
Posts: 3,137
Default

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
I get what you're saying but I want to keep the car as it left the factory, and if I do swop out the original parts then I'll only fit original or uprated STi parts.

I like how the car performs in factory form and don't want to change it too much.
Fair enough , It's worth keeping it like that too
mantazini is offline  
Old 26 February 2017, 09:36 PM
  #102  
greg320
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
greg320's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South wales
Posts: 676
Default

Ty, I'd go to Simon up at chevron Motorsport, he'll transform the handling on it
greg320 is offline  
Old 27 February 2017, 06:03 PM
  #103  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by 53 View Post
5 caster on the Spec C anyway which is plenty for a road car Steering can get pretty heavy and tiresome. I would have gone M bushing Whiteline as they look OEM anyway, but for half a degree there's not much point compromising the authenticity when there's equal advantage in the more controlled bushing maintaining dynamic alignment, which Ty now has.
The steering weight is just about right as is, I know from experience that a full day behind the wheel can get pretty tiring to say the least.

I'll have to get some geometry settings from you Stu, I've no doubt you've found a pretty good balance with your cars.

Originally Posted by greg320 View Post
Ty, I'd go to Simon up at chevron Motorsport, he'll transform the handling on it
I'm only really looking for a good setup for road use, Stafford and back is one hell of a long trek from West Wales.

I know they are without a doubt the best at what they do but a 9-10 hour return journey might be be too far when I do know of a few places I'd trust far closer to home.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 28 February 2017, 10:26 AM
  #104  
Ej2inside
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Ej2inside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 80
Default

Hey there, man i love the look of these RA Blobs.
You do right only to change a few things for uprated OEM parts. These cars perform very well from factory and are the perfect balance between fast road and track use. I also like what you do at the suspension. I am very interessted about Your thoughts when you get the parts on, because I want to do the same on my Hawk Spec C.


Thumbs up !

Last edited by Ej2inside; 28 February 2017 at 10:28 AM.
Ej2inside is offline  
Old 01 March 2017, 11:58 AM
  #105  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by Ej2inside View Post
Hey there, man i love the look of these RA Blobs.
You do right only to change a few things for uprated OEM parts. These cars perform very well from factory and are the perfect balance between fast road and track use. I also like what you do at the suspension. I am very interessted about Your thoughts when you get the parts on, because I want to do the same on my Hawk Spec C.


Thumbs up !

Thanks, I don't want to change the car too much and only with genuine STi parts where I do change something to keep the originality of the car intact.


I had a notification this morning that the parts will be with me on the 6th of March if not sooner, so hopefully these can be installed next week and once a geometry alignment is done I will post up my thoughts on how the car performs.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 01 March 2017, 12:36 PM
  #106  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ESSEX INIT
Posts: 5,519
Default

Can't wait to see them parts land mate I'm just as excited as you are
ZANY is offline  
Old 02 March 2017, 06:20 PM
  #107  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
Can't wait to see them parts land mate I'm just as excited as you are
They might even be with me tomorrow, I'd definitely recommend FedEx to send items globally as they don't have shift the goods quickly. If this was being handled in any way by Parcelfarce then I'd be lucky to get the parts by the end of March.

Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 07:11 AM
  #108  
**jay**
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
**jay**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: scotland
Posts: 2,329
Default

Car looks stunning in blue, just got one of these myself, cracking cars few mods on it though but as you say should be left as is.

Name:  2C35BA77-81F7-43A4-8F54-CB63B1155F1A_zpsep1noeio.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  173.5 KB
**jay** is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 09:36 AM
  #109  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by **jay** View Post
Car looks stunning in blue, just got one of these myself, cracking cars few mods on it though but as you say should be left as is.

That looks great in white, very nice indeed.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 09:41 AM
  #110  
EndaITR
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dublin, ireland
Posts: 200
Default

Love this

Is the Spec C engine any different to a Standard 2004 STI Jap import ?

Just my friend had his Spec c recently mapped with just a decat system, fuel pump, basically same mods as me, and he got 20bhp , and 35 ft/lb more.

Mine was mapped to 1.3 bar, but he was getting less knock so was able to stretch to 1.45bar.. our fuel here sucks so he was running NF race octane booster but im curious is the cams valves etc all the same ?
EndaITR is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 10:31 AM
  #111  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by EndaITR View Post
Love this

Is the Spec C engine any different to a Standard 2004 STI Jap import ?

Just my friend had his Spec c recently mapped with just a decat system, fuel pump, basically same mods as me, and he got 20bhp , and 35 ft/lb more.

Mine was mapped to 1.3 bar, but he was getting less knock so was able to stretch to 1.45bar.. our fuel here sucks so he was running NF race octane booster but im curious is the cams valves etc all the same ?

Thanks.


I believe that the cylinder heads (including the camshafts, valves etc) are different, plus of course so is the inlet manifold so that is probably the cause of the increased BHP.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 12:40 PM
  #112  
EndaITR
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dublin, ireland
Posts: 200
Default

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Thanks.


I believe that the cylinder heads (including the camshafts, valves etc) are different, plus of course so is the inlet manifold so that is probably the cause of the increased BHP.
Just found this
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0223.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	22301  
EndaITR is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 03:21 PM
  #113  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ESSEX INIT
Posts: 5,519
Default

[QUOTE=Cannon Fodder;11923400]They might even be with me tomorrow, I'd definitely recommend FedEx to send items globally as they don't have shift the goods quickly. If this was being handled in any way by Parcelfarce then I'd be lucky to get the parts by the end of March.

That was going to be my next question
thanks I'll be doing my japanparts order with FedEx aswell there are a lot of options though on that site I was alittle confused never ordered directly off japanparts before..
ZANY is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 05:34 PM
  #114  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
thanks I'll be doing my japanparts order with FedEx aswell there are a lot of options though on that site I was alittle confused never ordered directly off japanparts before..
I received 1 of my 3 parcels today, not bad less than 2 days after despatch and in my hands, the other 2 will be with me on Monday.

Even buying in the UK you'd struggle to beat that, quicker from Japan than UK suppliers can get your items to you.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 05:48 PM
  #115  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ESSEX INIT
Posts: 5,519
Default

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
I received 1 of my 3 parcels today, not bad less than 2 days after despatch and in my hands, the other 2 will be with me on Monday.

Even buying in the UK you'd struggle to beat that, quicker from Japan than UK suppliers can get your items to you.
Are you going to open all three packages together or have you allready opened this one
ZANY is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 06:30 PM
  #116  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
Are you going to open all three packages together or have you allready opened this one
I've opened the first one but didn't take any pics, it had the rear anti roll bar and the trailing arms in there. Of course they are the requisite STi pink and look great, it's almost a crime to fit them to a car.
Cannon Fodder is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 12:40 PM
  #117  
fattaffracingco
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: swansea
Posts: 108
Default

oooh this is gonna look great , I'm partial to a little bit of pink and all
sink the pink baby lol
fattaffracingco is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 04:13 PM
  #118  
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: far, far west
Posts: 1,932
Default

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
I received 1 of my 3 parcels today, not bad less than 2 days after despatch and in my hands, the other 2 will be with me on Monday.

Even buying in the UK you'd struggle to beat that, quicker from Japan than UK suppliers can get your items to you.
They are so quick that if you order on the Wednesday before a bank holiday, you will sometimes avoid the duty; I lucked out on an sti flexible strut brace, no vat or duty!
hedgecutter is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 05:13 PM
  #119  
Scoby doo
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Wales
Posts: 88
Default

Originally Posted by greg320 View Post
Nice to see you back in a scoob, what made you buy another Impreza?

Car looks a nice example..
looks like the presli mountains in background nice motor
Scoby doo is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 05:53 PM
  #120  
Cannon Fodder
Orange Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (100)
 
Cannon Fodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,684
Default

Originally Posted by Scoby doo View Post
looks like the presli mountains in background nice motor
Yes it is the Preseli Mountains, I love that road from Haverfordwest to Eglwyswrw it's a really nice stretch of road.
Cannon Fodder is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.