Prodrive Alcon Brake Pads??

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2015, 11:24 AM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Prodrive Alcon Brake Pads??

Asked about a few area's , but thought id stick it all in one place

After a set of New pads for the front of my classic 99 STI.

Car's running approx 340 BHP, and used daily/weekend use. I don't particularly drive it hard or track it. Just occasional bit of a run over the backroads.

Are CL RC5's? good for this??

EBC Yellowstuff pads up to the mark??

Ferodo DS5000?? Are they a bit to "Track" focussed??

Currently have Ferodo DS2000's on, Very dusty and take a while to brake effectively from cold.

Anyone got any idea's. After one with lower dust levels and much better cold bite.

Old 27 July 2015, 11:09 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

ASperformance,Godspeed,Aztec???
Old 28 July 2015, 12:25 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought Ferrodo DS2500 were one of the favored options? I ran Pagid RS4-2.1 a long time ago and they were decent. Still dusty but didn't need warming up. EBC seem to be great value. Good reports and much cheaper than other options. Give Alyn a call at AS Performance. He's always very helpful with the advice. Godspeed also have a great reputation tho I've never used him.
Old 28 July 2015, 08:34 AM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowBoy
I thought Ferrodo DS2500 were one of the favored options? I ran Pagid RS4-2.1 a long time ago and they were decent. Still dusty but didn't need warming up. EBC seem to be great value. Good reports and much cheaper than other options. Give Alyn a call at AS Performance. He's always very helpful with the advice. Godspeed also have a great reputation tho I've never used him.
Essentialy what he needs is a pad that bites from first use , its a problem that everyone has who does stage rally, how not to go off on the first curve. My car has similar power to Quatros and I use EBC blue on a Godspeed front 335 mm conversion , which you can overheat trying hard at a track , but they do pull me down from top speed to Autobahn exit without complaint and equally they work well from cold for normal use.
A lot will depend on what disks you are using , So Id ask Ian , he has a WRC car and pedals it often enough around Wales he will have a good idea what works on the Alcons.
Old 28 July 2015, 01:46 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SlowBoy

It's the DS2000'S, i have on mine, believe them to be a more track focussed pad.

Thankyou for the head's up. Want to see what people's opinions are with the more road focused pad's available.

I've currently got 2 piece grooved disc's on at the moment that are near the end of there life. Got some original 1 piece discs to go on that are still in good condition

Old 28 July 2015, 04:36 PM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you mean ds3000??

we offer various from Ferodo Racing, PFC, Pagid, etc. depending on exact use and budget - dont have anything to do with E*C.........
Old 28 July 2015, 04:54 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Aye the DS3000'S, Just double checked the receipt.

What would you recommend for normal road/fast road use. No track work or heavy use