ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Drunken Magician

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2001, 04:06 PM
mikefyfe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Last night, just at the end of watching Braveheart, I heard a car screech round the T-junction just up from my house followed by a set of blue flashing lights. Oh aye, I think, a real car chase going on.

I then realise that the blue flashing lights haven't kept on going and must be still at the T-junction. Great, caught him, I think ... it then dawns on me that I parked the scoob on the far corner of the T-junction and start getting visions of some low life having ploughed into the side of her.

Pull on my shoes and rush outside to find a Freelander parked up on the pavement in a freelander size gap between a 12 foot wall and my scoob with the police handcuffing and breathalysing the driver.

Walk (or peer) around the scoob and, amazingly, the drunken oaf managed to miss the scoob completely.

As I walk back I over hear the driver saying he knew he had had a few drinks, panicked and thought he would hide behind my scoob.

Who does he think he is, bl00dy David Copperfield! I know the police can be a bit unobservant sometimes (maybe too observant on other occasions ) but if you've been chasing a black freelander for the last few miles they're not really going to miss it parking up on the pavement, scoob or no scoob in front !!!

I then got angry ... this berk had decided to have a few too many drinks and drive home with his wife and 2 kids in the back in such a manner that the police decided to pull him over, he then proceeds to get into a car chase and nearly totals a parked car. Beggars belief !

Hope they throw the book at him...

Mike

[This message has been edited by mikefyfe (edited 18 July 2001).]