Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Car insurance bump advice

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2017, 06:53 PM
subevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car insurance bump advice

My wife's office colleague bumped her car dented front wing.colleague says she will pay out. Own pocket.
I'm not sure if I should phone my insurance company to let them know anyway incase colleague decides not to pay when time comes.
Or if I phone ins will they penalise my wife anyway for an accident.
Also do I have to inform insurance by a certain time.
Appreciate any advice as I've never been in this position before.
Old 12 January 2017, 08:04 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subevo
My wife's office colleague bumped her car dented front wing.colleague says she will pay out. Own pocket.
I'm not sure if I should phone my insurance company to let them know anyway incase colleague decides not to pay when time comes.
Or if I phone ins will they penalise my wife anyway for an accident.
Also do I have to inform insurance by a certain time.
Appreciate any advice as I've never been in this position before.

A stupid kid rode his bike from a footpath into the side of my wife's car as she sat at a T junction, so not even moving. The damage was superficial but she called the police and ambulance because the kid had brained himself. He checked out ok and the police took him home. We reported the incident to the insurance company as it seemed the thing to do but made no claim.
It was near renewal time and they wanted an extra £100! They (Churchill) claimed that although the kid had admitted it was his fault, and the police were satisfied it was his fault, there might be repercussions in the future that they would have to address. We went elsewhere.
Old 13 January 2017, 10:28 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO NOT PHONE YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY !!!!!!!!!

Her colleague has offered to pay for it, for one reason. So their premium won't be affected.

If you inform your insurance company of this incident, and still say, the person is paying for it in person, they will add to your insurance policy come renewal, and it'll be on record for the next 3 years, so moving companies won't matter.

Just get quotes for the repair work ASAP, and agree price with your wife work colleague.