Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2015, 10:15 AM
maccas666
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

hi, i own a impreza wrx turbo bugeye 2002

only modification are a blow off valve and a pro drive back box

i have been having this problem for some time now with engine management light coming on reading error codes of cylinder 1,2,3,4 misfire. the car runs rough and idle is low and sometimes cuts out when at junctions. loss in power in low mid and high range. read numerous post on here and other forums and from what i can gather its either ignition coils need replacing or something much more ominous the engine compression has gone....

i have tried replacing spark plugs for new ones, changing coils around( when the error read it was just 2 at the time), cleaning maf sensor

before i go ahead and buy a set of 4 ignition coils (eBay £149) and replacing them can any one tell me if its really worth doing or am i wasting my time. ie compression gone= new engine or big bill to fix

i have noticed one other problem of a leak from the gasket at the turbo to the down pipe, surely this has nothing to do with it.

thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated

Last edited by maccas666; 11 April 2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11 April 2015, 10:51 AM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Get a compression/ leak down test before throwing parts at it.
Old 18 April 2015, 02:07 PM
maccas666
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply. so i went and got a compression test done, all the 4 are reading between 140-150psi which is good rite? noticed the spark plugs i had changed where pretty dry and clean? tested each coil pack and all 4 were firing. changed the fuel filter as well while a was on and still no change in performance and eml reading error codes of cylinder 1,2,3,4 misfire.....

any ideas? maybe a fueling issue?