Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Green Connectors not 'LIVE'

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2016, 02:00 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Green Connectors not 'LIVE'

I have a car (2006 WRX DBW) that won't read/flash (in order to delete Secondary Air pump) and the green connector were tucked up and connected when I first got on the vehicle !!!!!!!

Is there another join/connection somewhere as I would expect the CEL to flash if they were permanently connected together.

I read a long long long long long long long time ago somewhere that there may be a connector under the door sill or near the ECU.

I have no joy with ECUFlash or ECUEdit despite performing the same activity on another car 3 weeks ago.
Old 25 May 2016, 02:18 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

You should find a pair of green connectors behind the passenger side kick panel/A pillar.
Old 25 May 2016, 06:34 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Cheers Don
I had a feeling they were there.
Perhaps a previous owner was using those to flash rather then crawling under the dash every time.

Last edited by Scott.T; 30 May 2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 30 May 2016, 11:08 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

A little update.
The 2nd set of green connectors were found behind the passenger kick panel (bottom of A-Pillar) and they were disconnected as expected.

Reading a bit more about these connectors, apparently both sets are supposed to be connected during shipping and the pair up in the dash are 'supposed' to be disconnected during PDI.

On this particular car the under dash set were very high in the dash, above another piece of loom which required me to remove the bottom half of the dash to gain access. I suspect the PDI technician thought, screw this I'll disconnect the other set.

The car is now all corrected with the under dash pair disconnected, passenger side pair connected and the loom re-routed, oh and the Secondary Air pump deleted

Last edited by Scott.T; 30 May 2016 at 11:11 AM.