Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Rear pads

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2004, 07:30 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear pads

Got DS2500 and Pagid discs on the front of my new age rex, is there much point in uprgrading my rear pads now that they need replaced or just stay with the OEM pads?
What's the price for both rear Ds2500 and OEM ?
Spooks
Old 28 March 2004, 07:58 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

depends what type of use and driving style you put your car to, but certainly you will get a benefit from increasing the rear brake capabilities..............
you will notice this more if you use the car to its design potential............LOL!!

alyn - asperformance.com
Old 28 March 2004, 08:21 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a short discussion on the SIDC forum about the rears. Some say they don't need upgraded from OEM, even with AP large kits up front.

From my own experience, I've noticed the car dives more than I'd like with my Godspeed 335mm kit (DS2500 pads) up front and cheap Kevlar rear pads.

I'm going to try some more abrasive pads on the rear hoping it'll pull the backend down. If the car is perfectly straight, I've noticed the car can lurch and become unsettled. Perhaps my OE dampers are past their best (5yrs & 67K) and I'm sure a stiffer setup would keep the car a little more flat under heavy braking.

As Alyn says, it depends a lot on your driving style and abuse. If you haven't noticed any unwanted handling charactaristics under braking then you could just stick to what's worked for you in the past.

Stefan
Old 28 March 2004, 08:23 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

lol well I have been told Im miss daisy.....
Do you supply said pads for rears?
Spooks
Old 28 March 2004, 09:59 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Similar message from me as what Stefan says....
I got the Prodrive 330mm disks and calipers on my 01WRX and have noticed a similar thing to what Stefan mentions in the fact the car does tend to dive when 'stamping' on the brakes.(I never noticed this with my previous brake setup - DBA Gold disks and DS2500's)
For this very reason,I've just bought DS2500's for the rear of mine from Alyn (AS Performance),ordered Friday,delivered Saturday mornin.Fitted em today and still 'bedding in' so bit early to comment yet but feeling better already!!

Good luck

Nick

P.S: Did you ever get those Samcos for £48 as you mentioned to me a while ago when I had mine for sale?