Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Here need advice for clearing brembos

Old 08 November 2018, 06:08 AM
  #1  
Jumbojimbos3
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here need advice for clearing brembos

Hi guys

Like I said I'm new here so my bad if this has been brought up

Looking at changing the front brakes on my blobeye wrx to the brembos, and know that wheel fitment as well as arch rubbing is an issue.

would a fitment of 18x8.5 ET35 clear the brembos? what kind of tyre sizes would I be looking at? would I need to get the arches rolled?

any advice greatly appreciated
Jumbojimbos3 is offline  
Old 08 November 2018, 08:43 AM
  #2  
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 8,108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

All depends on the design of the wheel. It's more the spokes of the wheel that hit the brembo calipers. Some have loads of room like the XXR 527s and the Rota grid drifts need a 5mm spacer. Find a wheel you like first then look to see if it will clear brembos. Some manufacturers are quite helpful too. Bola were able to tell me straight off which wheels would fit and what offset would work. Certainly worth contacting them. Same for Rota in the UK, they were very helpful.
BrownPantsRacing is offline  
Old 09 November 2018, 07:19 PM
  #3  
Jumbojimbos3
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Cheers mate, never occurred to me to contact the wheel company!
Jumbojimbos3 is offline  
Old 28 December 2018, 12:25 AM
  #4  
piehole1983
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
piehole1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Belfast
Posts: 2,989
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm wouldn't be confident that an offset of 35 would be suitable but it depends on the wheel design too I suppose. I have 17" Rota Torque wheels with an offset of 48 if I remember right. They clear with about 3mm of space between the face of the caliper and the back of the spokes.

If you happen to live near Belfast I have some calipers sitting about for a trial fit
piehole1983 is offline  
Old 28 December 2018, 12:29 AM
  #5  
Jumbojimbos3
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by piehole1983 View Post
I'm wouldn't be confident that an offset of 35 would be suitable but it depends on the wheel design too I suppose. I have 17" Rota Torque wheels with an offset of 48 if I remember right. They clear with about 3mm of space between the face of the caliper and the back of the spokes.

If you happen to live near Belfast I have some calipers sitting about for a trial fit
Unfortunately I'm no where near, but thanks for the offer bud much appreciated
Jumbojimbos3 is offline  
Old 28 December 2018, 07:53 AM
  #6  
Matty81
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Banned
Posts: 1,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I did a brembo conversion on my 08 wrx and my 18” wolfrace jdm’s Clear the brembos.
Matty81 is offline  
Old 15 February 2019, 08:56 PM
  #7  
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ayr,Scotland
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Sorry for hijacking the thread but how much would I expect to pay for Brembo discs, calipers and pads for MY15 STi?
jimmy boo is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 06:02 AM
  #8  
Bryan Gallacher
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: uranus
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitment



Mine are 18" x8 et42
Bryan Gallacher is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 07:30 AM
  #9  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ESSEX INIT
Posts: 5,519
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

^^^
ZANY is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 07:51 AM
  #10  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ESSEX INIT
Posts: 5,519
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jimmy boo View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread but how much would I expect to pay for Brembo discs, calipers and pads for MY15 STi?
get in touch with Godspeed brakes on here They can cater for all your needs at the right price and youíll have a much better buying experience buying from a trusted seller with lots of knowledge on brakes etc
ZANY is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 09:55 AM
  #11  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,899
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by jimmy boo View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread but how much would I expect to pay for Brembo discs, calipers and pads for MY15 STi?

An MY15 STi will have Brembo brakes fitted at the factory , they are a standard fit ??
Godspeed Brakes is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 10:24 AM
  #12  
wrx2005
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: manchester
Posts: 234
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
^^^
oh no get ready for another spamming..
please buy my rusty sti...it's an my05 an my04 an my05 an my04.
I've took 17 deposits this week.......
wrx2005 is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 12:55 PM
  #13  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,247
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wrx2005 View Post
oh no get ready for another spamming..
please buy my rusty sti...it's an my05 an my04 an my05 an my04.
I've took 17 deposits this week.......
lol @ 17 deposits.................must be a raffle
the shreksta is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 01:47 PM
  #14  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ESSEX INIT
Posts: 5,519
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wrx2005 View Post
oh no get ready for another spamming..
please buy my rusty sti...it's an my05 an my04 an my05 an my04.
I've took 17 deposits this week.......
ZANY is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 02:55 PM
  #15  
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ayr,Scotland
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
An MY15 STi will have Brembo brakes fitted at the factory , they are a standard fit ??
Yes standard bud.....with STi logo on calipers. Just fancied a bright coloured set of calipers with Brembo logo.
jimmy boo is offline  
Old 16 February 2019, 03:31 PM
  #16  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,899
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by jimmy boo View Post
Yes standard bud.....with STi logo on calipers. Just fancied a bright coloured set of calipers with Brembo logo.

We can strip and colour change your calipers , yours are the same as the early gold ones , Just different colour and logo's.

Here are a selection of calipers we have done to give you an idea , but we can do them any colour , the fluorescent calipers in the pic look different in real life , the same colour as the last Impreza final edition , they are very loud lol

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VUmpKUoGuLS26nrcA

Cheers Ian
Godspeed Brakes is offline  
Old 17 February 2019, 03:34 PM
  #17  
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ayr,Scotland
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
We can strip and colour change your calipers , yours are the same as the early gold ones , Just different colour and logo's.

Here are a selection of calipers we have done to give you an idea , but we can do them any colour , the fluorescent calipers in the pic look different in real life , the same colour as the last Impreza final edition , they are very loud lol

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VUmpKUoGuLS26nrcA

Cheers Ian
Thanks for the info
jimmy boo is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JonMc
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
3
06 August 2013 07:29 PM
EddScott
Non Scooby Related
14
31 August 2011 06:54 PM
mr flibble
ScoobyNet General
8
07 September 2001 05:01 PM
Dougiem
Drivetrain
0
06 January 2001 11:19 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Here need advice for clearing brembos


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.