Subaru Impreza GC8 YellowStuff

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2018, 07:19 PM
NotCarlsson
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Impreza GC8 YellowStuff

Hello, it's time too upgrade my brakes.
I've heard a lot of good things about EBC Yellow Stuff, how ever. After doing some research they don't seem that good. Are they good?

I'm rocking slightly over 300 hp.
What pads would you recommend for me?
Old 27 January 2018, 07:23 PM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had them on my classic for a while... rears squealed for while when reversing, and very dusty.
Old 27 January 2018, 07:39 PM
NotCarlsson
Scooby Newbie

I don't care too much about break dust, I want them too perform well.
Old 27 January 2018, 07:40 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by NotCarlsson
Hello, it's time too upgrade my brakes.
I've heard a lot of good things about EBC Yellow Stuff, how ever. After doing some research they don't seem that good. Are they good?

I'm rocking slightly over 300 hp.
What pads would you recommend for me?
EBC pads are pants,carbone lorraine rc5+ are a quality pad are you still on the Subaru o.e caliper?.SJ.
Old 28 January 2018, 06:30 AM
NotCarlsson
Scooby Newbie

I'm still on the Subaru caliper. I don't know a lot about break brands. How ever this season I planned to do a lot more track days, and perhaps another trip too nurburgring.

So I thought it would be a good idea too upgrade the breaks as well.
Old 28 January 2018, 07:00 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

If you are contemplating doing track days the carbon Lorraine RC5+pads would work well then,if you are also on the standard Subaru brake lines and disc think hard about upgrading them at the same time as well for the complete package,all so get some decent brake fluid like Performance Friction RH665.Ian from Godspeed brakes does some Nice kits and very reasonable prices:https://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk.SJ.
Old 28 January 2018, 08:00 AM
NotCarlsson
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by stonejedi
If you are contemplating doing track days the carbon Lorraine RC5+pads would work well then,if you are also on the standard Subaru brake lines and disc think hard about upgrading them at the same time as well for the complete package,all so get some decent brake fluid like Performance Friction RH665.Ian from Godspeed brakes does some Nice kits and very reasonable prices:https://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk.SJ.
I've got branded steel break lines or w/e you call them on the way, and I already have Friction RH665 in the garage that I plan too swap when I decided on pads. I'll probably go with RC5+ as it seems like the best option, and I'll look into new discs aswell. Cheers
Old 28 January 2018, 08:28 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stonejedi
EBC pads are pants,carbone lorraine rc5+ are a quality pad are you still on the Subaru o.e caliper?.SJ.
about a million years ago Greenstuff were a god send, we had very few options back then for upgraded pads,
I know there was an issue some years ago, but didnt they address that ?
We had a guy on from EBC getting people to test the new compounds, they were getting decent feedback, so what has changed ?
Old 06 February 2018, 12:18 AM
Jonny Cut Corners
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I've used yellow stuff pads in my Turbo 2000 track car for the last year. 3 track days and about 1500 - 2000 road miles.
Went through 2 full sets!

Brakes did have great power, but did fade after hard use on the track. But tbh I think thats as much to do with the stock iron calipers.
Surprisingly good from cold though.

They were about £280 a set for my calipers. Which I dont think was great value really.
Old 06 February 2018, 10:02 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
about a million years ago Greenstuff were a god send, we had very few options back then for upgraded pads,
I know there was an issue some years ago, but didnt they address that ?
We had a guy on from EBC getting people to test the new compounds, they were getting decent feedback, so what has changed ?
I was one of those guys that tested them ...Your right that years ago now their was not much of a selection for upgraded pads for the mainstream public,so I use to use their so called performance pads on my Renault 5 and they were poor back then also...I sent him an email and explained to him that i had been using the ebc pads on different cars over the years from green to yellow and he sent me out a set of their orange performance pads when I first fitted them they weren’t too bad but after a month of use I noticed that the front pads was literally falling apart in front of my eyes,not small pieces either big chunks of compound just dropping off I took them off my Subaru and binned them straight away...I would never put them on any car that I drive in any guise or recommend them to any one that I liked ...lol.SJ.