Brake shudder

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2017, 09:25 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Brake shudder

hi,

under hard braking between 60 and 70mph I get the odd occasional shudder, could this be the abs kicking in ?.

I don't do a lot of mileage, maybe 8 miles a day to and from work so this could be the wearing in period ?.

ive recently changed the front discs because they was warped to brembo discs and pads and also changed my rear discs to Godspeed discs and brembo pads after upgrading my rear calipers to brembo.

i had to replace the 2 new front tyres and had an alignment done also using a hunter system but I'm still getting a shudder from time to time when I'm braking at high speed.

Im starting to run out of ideas to be honest. I've noticed the passenger side front bush looks a bit worse for wear but surely it couldn't be related to that.

any help or ideas would be great.
Old 31 August 2017, 04:04 AM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ABS can be felt and more often than not, heard braking on and off in quick succession.
Assuming the pads are bedded in, could the pads/discs be contaminated?
When u bought my M3 it used to judder quite severely..After a day of 'spirited' driving and hard braking there was no more judder, and it never returned..)plenty of dust and flakey debris on my wheels though!)
Old 31 August 2017, 07:30 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm currently bedding the brakes in at the moment. I may give the front brakes a sand down and check the inner parts of the brake caliper to see if theirs contamination within them and apply more copper grease to them. I was also getting a lot of brake dust, I guess that's part of braking in the discs and pads.