Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Looking for STI Wagon - any advice please

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2005, 09:07 PM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Location: AKA *Smiles* Laindon, Essex. MY04 Psuedo-STI Wagon http://swrt.verio.co.uk www.remanissradio.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for STI Wagon - any advice please

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at buying an STI wagon, can anybody source one ?

I found a '98 'S' STI (v4?) Wagon that I have seen advertised with Full service and 39k, one owner from newer and for sale by same importer that sold it from new. I would appreciate your opinions on the Pros and Con on an STI import over a uk spec wrx wagon, anything in particular i should look out for or walk away from.
I heard that the v4 STI could suffer from piston melt if it had been used on low octane, anyone know if that is the case? anything to help me identify if this has already started meltdown.

One last question, would servicing and sourcing parts for this model be too much hassle, would it be less work maybe to buy a uk spec wrx and tune that for similiar power ... If money is not a factor that is ... Just sold house so want to treat myself, but need praticality of wagon (2 dogs, kid and a wife).

Anyone that has a wagon for sale, classic or new age please let us know. Seen loads of standard wagons, looking for something with that little bit more... hence being tempted by the STI

I eagerly look forward to your responses, cheers

-------------------------
Steve Miles
http://swrt.verio.co.uk -- High performance online solutions for SWRT.com
Old 26 May 2005, 08:52 AM
mal
Scooby Regular

Smile

Unless it's been remapped,you MUST use super unleaded and I would also add an octane booster.This should prevent engine damage,my STI 5 has ran happily for 68,000 miles.

MAL
Old 26 May 2005, 09:24 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Do not worry about sourcing parts / servicing etc, judging by your location I would give Xtreme Scoobies a call, they will advise you and probably inspect a car for you if you ask nicely!
Old 27 May 2005, 01:54 AM
Mutts Nutts
Scooby Regular

Location: AKA *Smiles* Laindon, Essex. MY04 Psuedo-STI Wagon http://swrt.verio.co.uk www.remanissradio.net

Cheers guys, much appreciated my search continues

Originally Posted by mal
Unless it's been remapped,you MUST use super unleaded and I would also add an octane booster.This should prevent engine damage,my STI 5 has ran happily for 68,000 miles.

MAL
Originally Posted by Jay m A
Do not worry about sourcing parts / servicing etc, judging by your location I would give Xtreme Scoobies a call, they will advise you and probably inspect a car for you if you ask nicely!
Old 28 May 2005, 07:56 PM
MattPiece
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mutts Nutts
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at buying an STI wagon, can anybody source one ?

Anyone that has a wagon for sale, classic or new age please let us know. Seen loads of standard wagons, looking for something with that little bit more... hence being tempted by the STI

I eagerly look forward to your responses, cheers
Hi,

I have one unofficially for sale. The 'unofficial' part means I'm in no rush to sell . Have a look at my advert from a few months ago when I was actively selling - the info on there is current BTW.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...37#post4313137

Let me know if you're interested or want more info.

Cheers

Last edited by MattPiece; 28 May 2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 29 May 2005, 11:04 AM
neils sti
Scooby Regular

Hi there
am advertising my version 4 STi sportwagon in the general section of the classifieds on this site if your interested under neils sti email if your interested
cheers neil
Old 01 June 2005, 03:29 PM
markward
Scooby Regular

Default sti wagon

Hi there i have a blue sti wagon for sale n reg p m me for full details 5k