Notices
Trader Announcements Announcements (including special offers, product/service information) made by Authorised Advertisers

SWRD 7075T6 Alloy Wheel Nuts @Scoobyworx

Old 23 September 2016, 06:49 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SWRD 7075T6 Alloy Wheel Nuts @Scoobyworx

Our NEW wheel nuts have finally landed into stock

We had many different wheel nuts from many different suppliers and found issues with most of them, from steel ones rusting to just poor quality so we decided to release our own high end high quality offering. New colours can be added or requested but we have initially Black,Blue,Red,Gold,Silver

Retail of £94.99 plus shipping but we can offer forum members an introductory price £75.00 shipped

7075 T6 Alloy (strong durable and light)

Name:  Wheel%20Nut%20BLACK.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  191.6 KB

Name:  Wheel%20Nut%20Silver.jpg
Size:  201.4 KB

Name:  SWRD%20Wheel%20Nuts%20BLUE.jpg
Size:  217.6 KB

Name:  SWRD%20Wheel%20Nuts%20GOLD.jpg
Size:  241.9 KB

Name:  Wheel%20Nut%20Red.jpg
Size:  248.4 KB

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 04 October 2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 26 September 2016, 09:24 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

only black and red left until more stock lands
Old 26 September 2016, 03:09 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx
only black and red left until more stock lands
Are these soft and strip like the rays ones? Or is it a different alloy and a bit tougher?

What about the coating?
Old 26 September 2016, 03:22 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Are these soft and strip like the rays ones? Or is it a different alloy and a bit tougher?

What about the coating?
I dont know what they make theirs from but a quick google search says 6061 and ours are form 7075 T6 which is a lot stronger, i would also say most of the rays floating aroudn are fakes so probably crap quality and will strip threads. The reason our wheel nuts are as expensive as they are is i have ensured they are made form the strongest alloy so there isnt fatigue issues with them.

6061 – Mechanical Properties

• Ultimate Tensile Strength 45000 psi
  • Tensile Yield Strength 40000 psi
  • Fatigue Strength 14000 psi
  • Shear Strength 30000 psi
  • Hardness, Rockwell 40
  • Machinability 50%
7075 – Mechanical Properties

• Ultimate Tensile Strength 83000 psi
  • Tensile Yield Strength 73000 psi
  • Fatigue Strength 23000 psi
  • Shear Strength 48000 psi
  • Hardness, Rockwell 53.5
  • Machinability 70%

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 26 September 2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 26 September 2016, 05:42 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good daryll, just out of interest obviously alot of failures are due to using dissimilar metals and the corrosion sets them solid, is the coating to protect against this?

Also is the coating sufficiently hard enough to cope with sockets and wheel changes on a track car?

Im after a decent set of wheel nuts just want to make sure o get the right ones!
Old 26 September 2016, 06:31 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Looks good daryll, just out of interest obviously alot of failures are due to using dissimilar metals and the corrosion sets them solid, is the coating to protect against this?

Also is the coating sufficiently hard enough to cope with sockets and wheel changes on a track car?

Im after a decent set of wheel nuts just want to make sure o get the right ones!
They are all hard anodized which also covers the threads. I have set them to 110NM without issue and no threads pulling out or anything sinister which some of the cheaper poor quality nuts do.

Im sure they will over time show marks where the socket has been as any nut will with repeated fitting and removal but its not noticable on the ones ive fitted and removed and when fitted you cant see it anyway. Ive used some high end nuts before and these fair better than those.

These are also UK made from start to finish and cost me more than people will think, ive about £20 a set profit in them after VAT etc which isnt much but i didnt want them to be over £100 retail. These on the intro offer will give me £5 a set profit

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 26 September 2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 26 September 2016, 06:39 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Here is our nut we have fitted to 110NM and removed showing no real wear, the top nuts are Muteki nuts which have gone rusty inside and the black ones are unbranded and have gone rusty on the outside. Both the unbranded and Muteki ones did about 2-3 months on the car before looking poor. Ours wont do the same

Obviously the other 2 nuts are steel not alloy but they are just poorly finished in general which is the whole reason we have gone about making our own which are to a higher standard

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 26 September 2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04 October 2016, 07:33 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Ive also reduced the introductory price a little more as well so i can get some more colours in
Old 01 November 2016, 12:05 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

We are going to be adding some new colours shortly,

Orange
Pink
Green

Is anybody intrested in any other colours
Old 04 November 2016, 11:29 PM
andyf31
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What's the benefit of your ones vrs these, this is a genuine question as away to change to silver wheels and have dark STI wheel nuts and looking for some chrome / silver ones.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...cking-lug-nuts
Old 04 November 2016, 11:43 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by andyf31
What's the benefit of your ones vrs these, this is a genuine question as away to change to silver wheels and have dark STI wheel nuts and looking for some chrome / silver ones.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...cking-lug-nuts
I've never seen a set of Mishimoto ones in the flesh to be honest. I know that mine cost me more to have made than their retail. I can't say what quality theirs are only confirm ours are made to be the best money can buy. You can't make a set of wheel nuts of the quality of ours for the retail of theirs. Ours are also UK made start to finish.

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 04 November 2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05 November 2016, 12:16 AM
andyf31
Scooby Regular

I've never seen a set of Mishimoto ones in the flesh to be honest. I know that mine cost me more to have made than their retail. I can't say what quality theirs are only confirm ours are made to be the best money can buy. You can't make a set of wheel nuts of the quality of ours for the retail of theirs. Ours are also UK made start to finish.
So what you're saying is yours are better quality but slightly higher priced as if the mishimoto ones were as high quality as yours they would be higher priced. Possibly the fact they use less material may be why they are cheaper but that's an assumption on my part.

One thing, and I'm being a bit picky here but not having a go at you. You state yours are uk made start to finish, that would indicate the raw material comes from the uk, I.e. The bar stock you use to manufacture the nuts. Is that the case? im more than happy to support uk business but can you back up how they are uk made start to finish please, machine shop you use, then I would definitely be interested in your version.

Again, as I said I'm not having a go but very interested in your product.
Old 05 November 2016, 11:01 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

So what you're saying is yours are better quality but slightly higher priced as if the mishimoto ones were as high quality as yours they would be higher priced. Possibly the fact they use less material may be why they are cheaper but that's an assumption on my part.

One thing, and I'm being a bit picky here but not having a go at you. You state yours are uk made start to finish, that would indicate the raw material comes from the uk, I.e. The bar stock you use to manufacture the nuts. Is that the case? im more than happy to support uk business but can you back up how they are uk made start to finish please, machine shop you use, then I would definitely be interested in your version.

Again, as I said I'm not having a go but very interested in your product.
I'm sure the raw material may not be from the UK as I haven't asked that. But I certainly won't be giving away my manufacturers of all my parts lol
Old 05 November 2016, 11:39 AM
andyf31
Scooby Regular

No problem, mabye you should state machined in the U.K. then and not "made start to finish in U.K." as that could be construed as false advertising.

I take it these will be ok for a Hawkeye?
Old 07 November 2016, 08:39 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

No problem, mabye you should state machined in the U.K. then and not "made start to finish in U.K." as that could be construed as false advertising.

I take it these will be ok for a Hawkeye?
They are machined anodized lasered etc all in the UK, where the raw material comes from isnt somthing i am going to know, companies have stock of material and will buy from different places all the time, they are made start to finish in the UK as i stated.
Old 12 November 2016, 04:42 PM
denoboy72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are machined anodized lasered etc all in the UK, where the raw material comes from isnt somthing i am going to know, companies have stock of material and will buy from different places all the time, they are made start to finish in the UK as i stated.
I'll be looking for a set soon in black how long do you plan to sell these at £75?
Old 12 November 2016, 07:44 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by denoboy72
I'll be looking for a set soon in black how long do you plan to sell these at £75?
I've got 2 black sets left until fresh stock lands with us.

Il run this offer until end of November :-)
Old 14 November 2016, 05:13 PM
ScoobTypeR
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm.... Tempting.. Do you have any pics of the green ones?

Ideally wanted locking nuts on each wheel.. Don't suppose they could be looked into for these sets rather than me paying an extra £40 or so to get one on each
Old 14 November 2016, 05:32 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by ScoobTypeR
Hmmmm.... Tempting.. Do you have any pics of the green ones?

Ideally wanted locking nuts on each wheel.. Don't suppose they could be looked into for these sets rather than me paying an extra £40 or so to get one on each
Hi,

We dont have pics of the green yet as they are in the process of been made. As for locking nuts you need keys and nuts for each set, the cost of doing this is astronomical. It would price these out of sales unfortunatly
Old 14 November 2016, 05:39 PM
ScoobTypeR
Scooby Regular

No worries.. Ill wait to see what the greens will look like. Will the Intro price still be on when you get them? Cheers
Old 02 February 2017, 09:44 PM
denoboy72
Scooby Regular

I've got 2 black sets left until fresh stock lands with us.

Il run this offer until end of November :-)
Right i'd forgotten about these until now, as car is still off the road, are you still doing these for me for £75?
Old 02 February 2017, 09:55 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Right i'd forgotten about these until now, as car is still off the road, are you still doing these for me for £75?
I've one set left in black currently. Offer price ended a while ago and I'm probably. Not getting any more made as there isn't enough interest in them as they are too high end and high priced but my cost price is £70 a set so they can't be any cheaper
Old 03 February 2017, 10:13 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

I've one set left in black currently. Offer price ended a while ago and I'm probably. Not getting any more made as there isn't enough interest in them as they are too high end and high priced but my cost price is £70 a set so they can't be any cheaper
Shame to hear that Darrell, I dont understand why people dont want to pay for decent quality products. Especially something as fundamental as wheel nuts.

Out of interest how much lighter are they than subaru standard nuts?
Old 03 February 2017, 11:06 AM
denoboy72
Scooby Regular

I'll take the last set if they're still £75 mate I like the look of them. Is the price back up to normal retail then?
Old 03 February 2017, 11:21 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

I'll take the last set if they're still £75 mate I like the look of them. Is the price back up to normal retail then?
Yes pal they are back at £99.99 and once the last set is sold in black im unlikely to get any more made without a pre paid order from customers for at least 10 sets
Old 03 February 2017, 11:22 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by Rusti
Shame to hear that Darrell, I dont understand why people dont want to pay for decent quality products. Especially something as fundamental as wheel nuts.

Out of interest how much lighter are they than subaru standard nuts?
Not sure as i dont have a oem one to weigh here all ours run aftermarket nuts
Old 16 August 2017, 06:06 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Right guys were having some more of these made as all the stock sets we had left have sold this week apart form one set,

We have a silver set in stock currently only.

Colour wise BLACK seems to be the preffered colour. We havnt sold many sets until recently with them been high end products and the price reflects this. That said this week i have sold all we had left in stock barring the silver set we have left. Not sure why we have sold 12 sets on the last 2 weeks but somebody must have given them a good review in finland as quite a few sets have been shipped out there.

So as they seem to be popular in black im having another 20 or so sets made initially but all will be done in black.

(If anybody wants a different colour then we can probably accomadate that but they would need to be paid for and ordered prior to us sending them for anodizing)

Retail on these is now £99.99 as cost prices have risen slightly since the last batch but i will do them for SN members on here at £89.99 delivered.

We can also supply othe parts in matching colours etc like battery clamps and Oil Caps etc if people are intrested.