Notices

30-130

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2011, 06:57 PM
mechell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30-130

Thanks again to RAF Marham, I’m very pleased to confirm the MLR's 30-130 event will be held on Sunday 20th March 2011.

For those of you who haven't heard of 30-130, it's probably the best opportunity for you to understand the REAL performance of your car! This isn't a standing start event which relies on good reaction times and puts necessary stress on your clutch and drivetrain, but a rolling start from below 30mph after which you have approx 1.5miles of straight ultra smooth tarmac to pass 130mph - or carry on for a top speed run.

There's no running order so you can run when you want (subject to the queue - which we get through as quickly as possible!) The average number of timed runs is approx 5 or 6, but we've seen some drivers do 15+!! If you just want to do a run without a VBox (or have your own) you can bypass the queue and go straight out, but only data from the MLR's calibrated VBoxes being used on the day will be used in the results.

The current 30-130 record is held by RossW in his Evo6 in a time of 5.84s :naughty: :coolsm:

Please read ALL the following info carefully, paying particular attention to the Security Clearance requirements further below

Main Event Details:
  • Full 1.5mile runway
  • VBox data recorded for all cars
  • Cars can be corner weighted
  • Limited to a maximum of 60 cars only
  • Starts at 9am and finishes at 4pm
  • £99 per car
  • Additional drivers £59
  • Drivers must be club members and have full UK driving licence
  • ALL cars must have a fire extinguisher fitted within reach of the driver
  • ALL attendees must bring photographic ID to be allowed into the venue

Event Timetable:
  • 07:30 - Gates open. (DO NOT stop at the Guard room as before - please go straight through to the first checkpoint. You MUST show your Photo ID on the day)
  • 07:45 - Driver and Passenger Registration / Car number and wristband collection
  • 08:30 - Drivers briefing (mandatory)
  • 09:00 – Sighting lap
  • 09:30 – Event start
  • 12:30 – Lunchbreak
  • 13:00 – Event restart
  • 16:00 – Event close

30-130:
  • We’ll use the full length of the 1.5 mile / 60m wide runway of super smooth tarmac
  • All cars will be fitted with a Racelogic V-Box in front of the MLR unit to record your car's performance
  • Cars will run one at a time and will have to start within a designated area for the run to count
  • Having completed a “30-130 run” all drivers will be able to go on to complete a top speed run if they want. It’s not compulsory but you may not have a better, safer and legal way to find out your car’s top speed
  • The next car will be released when car #1 has passed the halfway mark on the runway
  • Once the car has returned to the Paddock and the VBox has been removed, your 30-130 time and Top Speed result (if applicable) will be displayed at the MLR unit as soon as Dave has downloaded the data from your runs

*** VERY IMPORTANT! SECURITY CLEARANCE! ***

ALL DRIVERS, SPECTATORS & RESERVES MUST HAVE SECURITY CLEARANCE BEFORE BEING ALLOWED ON SITE

I MUST HAVE EVERYONE’S DETAILS BY 28th February 2011 to give the RAF Police enough time to get your security clearance before the day

I need to record ALL names & details even if you have been security cleared for previous events, so please send me your info even if you have been to 30-130 before. If you miss this deadline you will forfeit your place

Please PM or email me with the following details ASAP for security vetting:
  • Full Name
  • Address
  • Nationality
  • Place of Birth
  • Date of Birth
  • Passport number (not essential but this will greatly speed up the process)
  • Car make, model and registration being driven into RAF Marham (ie: send me details of your tow car if your Car is trailered)

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Corner Weighting:
We will have our corner weights at the event as usual, so if you want to corner weigh your car you can do so anytime during the day. ‘Someone’ will be managing the service and direct you onto the ramps and the scales. Readings will be recorded and can be taken with and without the driver

Marshals & Emergency Cover:
The event will be fully marshalled and include Medical and Fire Cover

Helmets:
Helmets must be worn by all occupants - drivers and front seat passengers

Fire Extinguishers:
All cars must have a fire extinguisher fitted - preferably in an easy to reach place, eg: in front of the passenger seat. This will be checked on the day and any cars without extinguishers will not be allowed to run

Noise Limit:
Noise from motorsport has now become an issue for RAF Marham. Although it’s understood that running a single car at 30-130 is not the same as running numerous cars together at a trackday, noise monitoring will take place on the day if required but they will be as lenient as possible. We are not allowed unsilenced exhaust systems or “excessively noisy” cars. The static noise limit is 105dBA (measured at ½ metre, 45 deg, ¾ revs)

Rear Spoilers:
For reasons of safety, cars must retain their rear spoilers and blade, unless fitted with a carbon bootlid or similar which does not allow for a rear spoiler

Vortex Generators and Trim:
Debris of ANY type on the runway is the single biggest concern at RAF Marham. Aftermarket VGs and other trim have a tendency to come off when travelling at over 130mph, so all VGs will need to be taped front and back to ensure they stay on the car. If it’s not done when you come to collect your VBox we will do it for you!

Towing Eyes:
Please ensure you have a towing eye fitted and/or accessible on the day in case you need to be recovered. The RAF recovery crew are experienced and will treat your car like their own, but they have to be able to return your car to the paddock, so please make their life easy

Passengers:
Only front seat passengers are allowed and must be 16 years old or over. There is no charge for passengers, but they must complete an indemnity form and wear a wristband

Refreshments:
Food & drink (burgers, bacon rolls, coffee etc) will be managed by the RAF who'll be based in the MLR ’30-130 paddock’

Litter:
It is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that no litter or cigarette ends are dropped anywhere other than a bin. Failure to observe this simple rule seriously jeopardises us being invited back, so please use the bins provided (or your pockets!)

Spectators:
All spectators must come with drivers already booked in as we are only allowed a maximum of 60 cars onsite during the day. You need to be security cleared to be allowed on site, so please send me your details (see above) for Security clearance - and bring PHOTO ID on the day

Volunteers:
We need a handful of people to help with putting the V-Boxes in the cars and changing over memory cards throughout the day, so please contact me or Mechell if you’re interested in helping

Video Cameras:
All video cameras must be securely mounted internally via suction mount or bolted to a rollcage. No hand held cameras are allowed. All footage must be for personal use only – eg: not uploaded to YouTube, forums etc

Photography:
Due to the extremely sensitive nature of the venue, cameras are only permitted for personal use, eg: photos cannot be posted on forum or websites. No professional or commercial photography is allowed

Rides:
30-130 wouldn’t happen without the help of the RAF volunteers who marshal and support the event – all of whom are petrolheads and would sell their sister (or brother) for the chance to own the cars attending the day. If you’re happy to give them a ride we will give you a sticker for your windscreen so the guys know they can jump in with you sometime during the day. Thanks in advance from me - it's good to be able to give something back :smthumbup

Last but not least.....
A huge thankyou to Paul, George and the RAF Marham Station Commander and staff who continue to make this event possible. :adore:

Bookings:
Places can be booked by calling Mechell direct on 08451 25 26 23
Price per car / driver: £99 (MLR members only)
Additional drivers in the same car: £59

Reserves:
If places sell out a reserve list will be started. All reserves should still PM me their details for security vetting before 19th February in case you are able to get a place

Cancellations:
Please tell me if you cannot attend for any reason. Please DO NOT post on the Forum offering your place to someone else as we need to manage the entry list for security purposes, and offer your place to the first person on the reserve list. Please be aware of the MLR's Cancellation Policy

Sunday 20th March – All Marque 30-130 Day
Old 07 January 2011, 03:19 PM
smokingkills
Scooby Regular

I'd love to have a go, but seems pretty expensive @ £99 per car when compared to RWYB 1/4 mile drag racing which costs £25 per car. Is there likely to be any movement on the price?
Old 07 January 2011, 03:27 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

No movement in price, and its worth every penny.
Old 07 January 2011, 03:31 PM
mechell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smokingkills
I'd love to have a go, but seems pretty expensive @ £99 per car when compared to RWYB 1/4 mile drag racing which costs £25 per car. Is there likely to be any movement on the price?
It's a completely different event and the numbers are limited.. sorry no, no movement in price..

plus £99 for up to 15 runs (if you want) which makes it £6 a run... not really that expensive!!

Last edited by mechell; 07 January 2011 at 03:42 PM.