Notices

Bugeye ProSport Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2014, 07:04 PM
andymak77
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye ProSport Coilovers

First of all - "hi everyone". i have been a member on here and have soaked in sooooo much info regarding Subaru's but now I need some specific help on my car.

I have recently had my standard suspension changed for a set of Prosport coilovers.

The front end seems to be fine apart from needing an alignment job, but the rear has a knocking noise which is baffling me. Everything is nice and tight and fitted correctly but the noise feels like the strut is loose and causing a rattle.

My initial thoughts are:-
A) is it a fault with the coilovers?
B) is the car set "too low"
C) is the preload correct - no settings/instructions were received so it was kind of best guess
D) all of the above!

any help would be appreciated, I feel that I have spent a load of cash to make my car worse than it was - NOT GOOD!!

Thanks
Andy
Old 09 February 2014, 10:07 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Check the preload on the springs.
Old 10 February 2014, 09:00 AM
andymak77
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 360ste
Check the preload on the springs.
Thanks for that - I guess taking some load off may be a good start, as in lengthen the spring?
Old 15 February 2014, 05:23 PM
andymak77
Scooby Newbie

Well, preload adjusted (taken off), replaced arb links and still sounds like the back wheels are about to fall off!

This isn't going to plan!
Old 15 February 2014, 06:47 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

At first check the top mounts,rear one can knock and I would try to source like BC using now,previously they're used solid top mounts which can knock

Secondly,about Prosport coilovers I've heard first time and really before you buy something I would check online review about the enquired part/parts

Those coilovers I would say they're very similar to Raceland coilovers and personally I would bin them,they're poor and really if you are spend on them loads of cash,then you are done big mistake,as everybody live and learn hard way,life is best teacher as people says

Good luck and hopefully you wil get this sorted

Jura
Old 15 February 2014, 07:37 PM
andymak77
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for this - not the best news but I am actually thinking that i have learned a lesson if nothing else!

ProSport have actually sent me 2 replacement rear's but i am thinking it may be better to start all over again before I bother having them fitted.

You mention BC are they OK?

I am from Cheshire and Demon Tweeks have a couple of options (AP and Spax), I could consider these?
Old 15 February 2014, 09:02 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andymak77
Thanks for this - not the best news but I am actually thinking that i have learned a lesson if nothing else!

ProSport have actually sent me 2 replacement rear's but i am thinking it may be better to start all over again before I bother having them fitted.

You mention BC are they OK?

I am from Cheshire and Demon Tweeks have a couple of options (AP and Spax), I could consider these?
Hi there

Just double check again rear top mounts,does this happens only at lower speeds or does this happen in any speed?

I've ;earned few lessons too with our wagon and sometimes what is cheap is not the best option although you can find good and cheap parts which are actually great

I would try fit them and you will see,if its better or worse in worse case scenario I would ask for refund

BC are OK,but personally I would choose KW V1 or V2,but as everything dictate budget,search over here and other forums and you will see

AP or Spax I wouldn't choose them and as above KW,Bilstein or KYB AGX,MeisterR seems are good too

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 16 February 2014, 07:35 AM
andymak77
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the response. The noise seems to come when the vehicle is in motion and over uneven surfaces - sounds exactly like the spring is rattling or something.

The units have been off twice now for checking the top mount and top nut and both seem to be as tight as they can be.

I wonder if they are set too low? I have 18" wheels fitted and there is a good 20mm between the arch and the top of the wheel?
Old 23 February 2014, 06:20 PM
andymak77
Scooby Newbie

Just to close this thread - ProSport coilovers are complete garbage and under no circumstances should grace the Subaru!!

I have gone back to shocks/springs after a whole load of wasted time and effort!