Notices

Just fitted new rear subframe outrigger polly bushes to my blob Sti

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2013, 07:19 PM
scooby_Paul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just fitted new rear subframe outrigger polly bushes to my blob Sti

Just fitted new rear outrigger polly bushes to my blob sti this afternoon and has made quite a difference. The old bushes were quite worn and had a fair bit of movement so i bought some powerflex replacements for easier fitment. For anyone whos been put off replacing these then theres no need to worry because they were a doddle to do, i didnt even need to take the rear diff support out. Basically just undid the 17mm long bolt out and the 2 12mm holding the plate on (do this both sides) also i undid the the 2 12mm bolts holding the handbrake cables up and the 2 10mm bolts holding part of the exhaust heatsheild up just so the subframe could come down abit. I then got a large drill bit and drilled through the rubber bush so i could get my air saw in to cut the bush shell. Once cut fully through its hammer and chisel time and beat it up so the bush comes out. I jammed a couple of blocks of wood between the chasis and subframe so when hitting the bush the frame wasnt flexing. New polly bushes just fit in nicely by hand. Back end of the car now doesnt crash into bumps and seems alot tighter. Its the 1st time ive polly bushed anything on any of my cars and i have to say its one of the best & easiest mods ive done.
Old 17 May 2013, 07:21 PM
scooby_Paul
Scooby Regular

i did have use of a two post ramp at work though to make things a little easier
Old 17 May 2013, 11:42 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Years ago I spent a weekend replacing most of the bushes on my Bug with poly bushes. Once the Geo had been done what a difference.