Notices

Pedders on currently feels terrible

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2019, 01:49 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pedders on currently feels terrible

So finally got my suspension sorted for 2003 wrx. If anyone needs parts that you can’t find in UK from someone like import car parts then get off eBay from USA. Saved myself hundreds compared to what Subaru uk wanted. Pedders on as well.

Ride is very good, but I need geometry doing as car feels terrible in bends. Don’t dare slide it into corners as I did with old sti suspension. I have no confidence in it. Got the white line adjustable arb still on and now have the standard plastic droplinks as the alloy ones kept breaking. See if I can live with them. I live in Hull. Is there somewhere nearby to get geometry done? Kwikfit do it nearby but they only do factory settings which is no good. Unless I can take along settings I want for fast road?
Old 05 June 2019, 01:59 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mgcvk
So finally got my suspension sorted for 2003 wrx. If anyone needs parts that you can’t find in UK from someone like import car parts then get off eBay from USA. Saved myself hundreds compared to what Subaru uk wanted. Pedders on as well.

Ride is very good, but I need geometry doing as car feels terrible in bends. Don’t dare slide it into corners as I did with old sti suspension. I have no confidence in it. Got the white line adjustable arb still on and now have the standard plastic droplinks as the alloy ones kept breaking. See if I can live with them. I live in Hull. Is there somewhere nearby to get geometry done? Kwikfit do it nearby but they only do factory settings which is no good. Unless I can take along settings I want for fast road?
No way, I have been selling alloy and steel drop links for 11 years now, and never had one snap, plastic ones do.

Re your alignment, do a search on here, loads of lads have posted their settings up, just take those numbers to anyone with decent gear and say "I want these please"
Its no big issue for them.

hth
Old 05 June 2019, 04:17 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i sacked pedders off after 3 months cos they sucked and knocked like an old ladies knees lol
Old 06 June 2019, 11:48 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Didn't like the way my FSTI drove on the pedders Ezifit that wa son it when I bought it so sold them on and went down the MeisterR coilover route which was a 100x better.
Old 06 June 2019, 05:48 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just done a 300 mile trip to Newcastle and back. They are a lot better than my knocking seized up Sti set. Garage marked up previous "fast road" set up and tried to keep as close as, but they don't have laser geometry or anything so I need to get geometry done. Some lateral bars replaced too. Car seems to pull slightly to the left with hands off wheel, don't think it is just road camber. I think a geometry check will give me confidence to give it some more beans.
Old 06 June 2019, 10:18 PM
RRP1STI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Keeping an eye on this,wandering which way to go with my sti suspension,currently on 6 year old,rusty BCs
Old 06 June 2019, 10:19 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RRP1STI
Keeping an eye on this,wandering which way to go with my sti suspension,currently on 6 year old,rusty BCs
i went tein in the end, a big improvement over the pedders even when they wern;t knocking
Old 07 June 2019, 07:15 AM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
i went tein in the end, a big improvement over the pedders even when they wern;t knocking
Which Teins Tidg?
Old 07 June 2019, 08:59 AM
RRP1STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bonesetter
Which Teins Tidg?
As above
anyone any experience with the Street Basis Z ??
Old 07 June 2019, 12:40 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Flex z on mine, dads got street Z on his and they are good as well. I havn't really driven it that hard in anger to do a true comparison, but i would say mine is slightly more settled in the corners.
Old 07 June 2019, 10:34 PM
RRP1STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Flex z on mine, dads got street Z on his and they are good as well. I havn't really driven it that hard in anger to do a true comparison, but i would say mine is slightly more settled in the corners.
Cheers,will bear in mind,really wanted to go back to spring/shock combo but seems there’s not much out there to convince me to do so,coilies seem to be best option....for widetrack blob btw
Old 07 June 2019, 11:16 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RRP1STI
Cheers,will bear in mind,really wanted to go back to spring/shock combo but seems there’s not much out there to convince me to do so,coilies seem to be best option....for widetrack blob btw
decent coilover setup will be alot better than stock, crap coilovers and set up will be proper dog poo