Notices

Car Pulling Left - Rear Toe?

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2018, 03:05 PM
sss107
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Pulling Left - Rear Toe?

Hi all, I have a Gb270 wagon and it’s drifting left when driving. (More noticeable at 50+) It’s not insane but enough to annoy. I recently changed the springs back to new Prodrives and had the alignment done. When I got it back, I noticed the pulling which initially put down to front soft tyre but once pumped up, it made no difference.

The garage said that my toe bolts were well seized when I picked it up and advised to replace.
So I looked at the Geometry settings and my rear toe is : 0.09 Rear Left Toe and 0.00 Rear Right Toe

Would that be enough to make it pull? Or should I be looking elsewhere for another culprit?

Many info would be great!

Cheers Martyn

Old 21 September 2018, 10:52 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Whatever the cause, they didn't match the alignment well....slack work
Old 22 September 2018, 12:03 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sss107
Hi all, I have a Gb270 wagon and it’s drifting left when driving. (More noticeable at 50+) It’s not insane but enough to annoy. I recently changed the springs back to new Prodrives and had the alignment done. When I got it back, I noticed the pulling which initially put down to front soft tyre but once pumped up, it made no difference.

The garage said that my toe bolts were well seized when I picked it up and advised to replace.
So I looked at the Geometry settings and my rear toe is : 0.09 Rear Left Toe and 0.00 Rear Right Toe

Would that be enough to make it pull? Or should I be looking elsewhere for another culprit?

Many info would be great!

Cheers Martyn

Although your rear toe is 'in tolerance' according to Subaru specs (so can't be too hard on the garage), it's not something I would like, and looks likely to be a factor in the rear wanting to 'drift' out. Need to get both corners more equal and re-assess

My alignment tech likes to get the numbers pretty much smack on equal (he prides his work)
Old 22 September 2018, 10:53 PM
sss107
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. I would agree with you but they explained that the rear was seized and unable to adjust. I had recently bought the car and there was quite a few issues being sorted (which was mainly achieved).
Looks like it’s round 2 for me! Will purchase rear toe bolts and camber bolts and go from there. Certainly looks like the culprit for the pulling.

Thanks again