Notices

Suspension for fast road

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2017, 06:51 PM
iceicebaby1980
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Suspension for fast road

ive recently bought a 06 uk Hawkeye I've got KW club sport version 3 coilovers. Full whiteline anti roll bars strut brace anti lift kit etc. When I got the car if had been lowered and etherything set up on the harshest settings. Needless to say I've not been overly impressed with the handling. I've had the car recently raised up and some new drop links and bushes. I've been told all I need is some new springs. That arnt as harsh and a geo set up for fast road. This should hopefully sort things out. Any thoughts on the coilovers and set ups for fast road ?
Old 01 November 2017, 07:29 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, I run long travel BC coilovers and have used 5kg / 4kg and 6kg / 5kg springs. Both are quite good and higher rate than the O.E. 4kg / 3 3/4kg. I use 50mm helper springs as the travel is +60mm from standard. The reason was to run at more or less O.E. ride height, soon as Subaru had put so much development time into the geometry...

However, it does depend on the amount of adjustment you have in the damping and the high speed compression valving.

I would advise you run the rear ARB on softest setting and balance the rear with small ride height (rake) changes.

With 5mm lift at the rear you can go from a roll axis of rolling into the rear corner to rolling into the front corner.

Hope that helps.