Notices

05 WRX PPP decat up-pipe

Old 18 October 2017, 09:03 PM
bradcav
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 WRX PPP decat up-pipe

I've got a fully stock 05 WRX PPP hatchback, on just over 110k miles. I've been reading about replacing the up-pipe to a de-cat one to avoid damaging the turbo. Just a couple of questions to someone who might have experience with this. Will I need a remap, considering it already has the PPP remap, around 260hp? Will it still pass an MOT, as I understand PPP removes the 3rd cat on the standard WRX, and removing the up-pipe cat will leave it with 1 cat. Will I have any problems if I just replace the up-pipe and not remap, but still use the egt sensor to avoid a CEL?

Thanks in advance!
Old 19 October 2017, 08:25 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is in the wrong section, so you might get fewer answers than you wanted...

Anyway, I've not heard that the catted up pipe can damage the turbo, that's how they came from the factory so would be very surprised. You can replace it with a de-catted up pipe and it might help with power, I'd say a remap (or at least a tweak) will be needed since it is changing the flow into the turbo. The cat in the downpipe should still be OK for MOT (at least I hope so, that's what I will have once my mods are fitted!).
Old 19 October 2017, 08:32 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

AFAIK on the 2.0 WRX PPP kit there wasn't anything removed cat wise.............

in general there can be issues with the up-pipe cat IF you have de-catted the rest of the system and it overheats

we manufacture / supply the Harvey Smith range of "trick" up-pipes and specifically make a variant to suit the small TD04 your car has fitted

we always recommend at least a map check but you will get more benefit from a custom map to take advantage of their benefits
Old 19 October 2017, 09:00 AM
bradcav
Scooby Newbie

Oops! I was on mobile and must've clicked something without noticing, I'll copy it to a more suited thread! Thanks for the replies though

Search this Thread