Blobeye coilovers - KW V1

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2017, 01:26 PM
Blob_Eye
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blobeye coilovers - KW V1

Hi guys and gals,

Picked up a lovely (almost original) Blobeye WRX last month - the only thing that annoys me is the ride - its so bouncy! appears to be basically no travel in bump.

And as the stock ride height is hilarious, i am going to get coilovers; now, i've had various coilovers over the years, and the best by far were the ST ones on an 2005 Polo, and some KW V1 on a Caddy van i had. So i think these will be the most comfortable for daily use - does anyone on here have either ST or KW V1 on their WRX that could give me some feedback? or preferably a test ride!

If so, will i need wheel spacers? as i have stock wheels still (i heard the spring diameter is pretty big compared to the stock springs).

Thanks,

Stuart.
Old 06 September 2017, 10:29 AM
drakesnow
Scooby Regular

KW's V1's are a great coilover, and I had them on my Type R (V4/1997).

But that was setup with adjustable top mounts and everything - a more track focused car.

In your case you might be better off with some standard suspension for a road car? The Pedders stuff gets great feedback.
Old 06 September 2017, 06:27 PM
Blob_Eye
Scooby Newbie

I have loved most of the coilovers ive had for daily driving, bar the rock solid h&r twin tubes i had an old big turbo fabia vrs. Did look at the pedders but they are very expensive- may aswel get the adjustability of coilovers for that price.