Notices

Suspension set up - blackpool area

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2017, 05:10 PM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Suspension set up - blackpool area

I took my old suspension apart, to refurb it all, hubs have been off etc, track rods, wishbones the lot. Obviously after its all gone back on ill need a full suspension set up as I've forgotten which way round my camber bolts were ... and new track rods so yeh... as well as the fact im sure my suspension springs are at a different height than before....even though they're not adjustable ....

Is it probably best to get it towed to a garage or is it safe to drive a short journey?

Ash
Old 07 August 2017, 08:14 PM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you've got the tre's are somewhere near making the front wheels straight you will be fine. A bIt of excessive tyre wear might occur depending how far out the camber bolts and tre's actually are. Try going down the street a few hundred yards to see if it pulls either direction. It will give you a better idea whether you actually want to drive it any further.
Did you mount the tails of the springs back in the platforms correctly. I.e in the indent to stop the spring rotating. If not it would change the height, although only very slightly.
Old 08 August 2017, 10:43 AM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the springs are snugged into the little recesses so yeh, I guess ill see when the car is back on its weight.

cheers for the info, its only going to be a short 15 min drive to the garage, so I think ill try to align the wheels as best I can then leave it to the expert